• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Autocast Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOneHyer

T

TheOneHyer

I'm trying to make it so that when an Archon dies it dies as a Psionic Storm. I'm also trying to make it so that when a Zealot drops below twenty health it's attack, attack speed, and movement speed doubles for five seconds or until it dies. How do I set abilities to autocast under certain health levels, or to activate a lasting ability upon death?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Check how the zerg buildings work. They spawn units on death and spawning psyconic storm should be no different.

As for the zeatlot, use a behaviour and a validator. The behaviour is enabled when health is less than 20% and runs the effect to add the behaviour for the buff then destroys itself. If your map has any ability to heal (like allied medics/medivacs) you can skip the destruction part as that will mean that it will only work once per unit (even if the unit gets rehealed multiple times to 100% life).

TheOneHyer

T

TheOneHyer

Thanks tons, I normally look at other units to get what I want i.e. when I wanted to add a stun ability to Dark Templars I looked at Spectres, I had entirely forgotten about Zerg Buildings.

Still have to try out the Zealot

Status
Not open for further replies.