• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Archer build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I was thinking about making archer, but I only played him in single til lvl 15 or smt... I was doing 3/2 with Q/P and now I want to know what is more important: ap or crit? because most of archers skills can crit and I was thinking about making a "lol I always crit" char.
So I was thinking is there a max crit point? and how does crit bonus is calculated from stat? MB there is a point when spending points in P would be worthless or at least Q will give a lot more... So any ideas?

Level 3
I prefer to skill AP, Crit not increase the dmg from your spells. Your spells are based on AP and when u see Based on Critical then it means that your spell can critical and nothing more. I think it useless to skill Critical.
Just get Quickness. :D

Level 3
Yes, I know that if spell is based on critical that only means that it can crit, but what I mean I still get some AP from items and I was thinking about rising crit to 80% or smt to be able to crit most of time... But most likely only way to test it is gel lvl 30 archer and hope 4 stat bug...

Level 14
the problem is that the critdmg is imo calculated like this:
basecrit + (ap * const.)
means -- if u only skill perc u have low crit dmg. Maybe you may have 80% crits - but they dont deal much dmg.

Short examples:
1. skill quick:
normal dmg: 500
crit chance: 10%
crit dmg: 800

2. skill perc:
normal dmg: 200
crit chance: 80%
crit dmg: 350

which means that you have more crits but each of them deal less dmg... So to your question - i think its not recommended to make a pure-perc char.

Level 3
Well il see in some time... Right now I was making a full Q char and il w8 till respec will be added or when my stats will reset them self to see.
Also I noticed this thing: I played pyro, pally and cleric and when I hit a new set lvl (4 items that sold in town, like lvl 6, 13, etc) I had enough secondary stats 4 all items (like energy 4 pally and str 4 casters) but when I got lvl 13 as archer I had only 23 str, when I needed 25. So I wanted to ask are there any other chars that cant equip items if they go pure main stat?

Status
Not open for further replies.