• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anti-Maphack/hacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
is there any anti-maphack trigger or something to detect/prevent the use of maphack out there? I believe some games has a detector or something to prevent the use of maphack.

Level 3
I know for sure there is some method, there was this map (I think Undead Assault II [newest version[) has an anti map-hack. Someone turned on their map hack and we all got disconnected. Then the next game (For testing) I turned on mine and we all disconnected again. I've heard of this in other maps too; however I have no idea how it would work or where you could get it. This is more of a message telling you not to get discouraged :)

Edit > NVM read the post above me. :p

Level 11
Ok, I know at least 3 different methods, unfortunitly I'm not likely to talk about them because if everyone knew how they worked no one would get caught by them... I'm sorry, you'll just have to be creative. The best map hack detector as of yet was attached to a dota by Xantan. I myself looked through that code, and exporting would be much more work then its worth due to the millions of different map-checking features he added. Anyway some methods are simple, some are complex. Unfortunitly unless your good enough at JASS to pull apart Xantan's your unlikely to get much help in this area...

Wow, that system is nice. It has two detection methods I've never seen before. Time to go have some fun reverse-engineering!

Level 11
No fun, He explains how they work! Oh will, I already knew the corrupted model method, it wasn't as super amazing as I thought. However the trigger to check for a valid point is pretty interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.