• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Another mystic well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
A few day ago I´ve found fladdermaskens reflection tutorial
and thanks to that I finally made the alpha-tile stuff work.
Here is my first try, never done reflection before, mostly
because of being to lazy to flip every doodad.
Hope you like it...

Attachments

• Mystic Well.jpg
    Mystic Well.jpg
    523.8 KB · Views: 358
Level 11
The reflections are done rather bad; the place around the fountain is reflected completely, while only a small part of the trees in the background are. Either size up the reflected trees or the reflections of the fountain and so on.

Other than that, you should probably fill something in the place behind all those trees. It looks like the world would just end there.

Level 6
Great first attempt though, glad my tutorial came in handy :smile:
Thx a lot... Making the reclections by following your tutorial was easy, but the more difficult part is setting the flipped doodads right.

The reflections are done rather bad; the place around the fountain is reflected completely, while only a small part of the trees in the background are. Either size up the reflected trees or the reflections of the fountain and so on.

You are right, everything should be recflected, not only parts. But depending on the angle, the far more distant objects will become smaller till only sky is reflected. To be honest I tried to reflect more of the background, but the flipped-light-from-above doodad looks really crappy (even after tinting it down).

I´m working on a new version right now.

Level 23
THere's kind of an end of the world feeling on the left side of the terrain. Also as already mentioned, the reflection could be done a bit better. Except from that, great terrain work. And take some plus rep!

EDIT: and yeah, replace the rays with the standard sun or moon rays please! Looks much more realisitc!

Level 6
Thanks a lot for your comments, I really
appreciate your help.
Updated picture will follow in a few days,
currently I´m occupied with another project.

EDIT: and yeah, replace the rays with the standard sun or moon rays please! Looks much more realisitc!

Ha thats it, nice idea. I was really dissatisfied with those Light from above.
Btw you are all encouraging me, thanks for that too!

Level 6
Liking this a lot :D

Really does feel mystical, with the blue crystals, clear water and fountain placed in the perfect place.

Just behind, and to the right, of the fountain is a reflection that seems to be reflecting the base of a tree that we cannot see the base of in the forest. May just be me though.

Again though, I really like the feel of it :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Level 6
Et Voilà, here is the new version:
-fixed the edges
-added background
-used the region lightrays
-and reflections from the trees in the back
...puh...

Well wishers wishing well
Veil fishers fishing veil...

Attachments

• Mystic Well - Reworked.jpg
    Mystic Well - Reworked.jpg
    539.3 KB · Views: 2,778

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

^.^ the reflections make it look like you did this in Sc2, GJ.

Level 36
The reflection techique came some time before Sc2 editor was released, so I'd say Sc2 terrains looks like cobra_b's reflection terrains! >.>

Anyways, I like it, there is still some small tweaks that can be done to it. Like adding another kind of fog, having a deeper background, have some better looking trees and all that. Still, its likable.

Level 6
It really honors me that you like it and you are
encouraging me to go on. I think I will now make
a final version with all finetuning advices you gave me.
Thx a lot!!!:xxd:

Status
Not open for further replies.