• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I've been using the SetUnitAnimationByIndex script, but I have a problem. The animation set by the ability takes precedence. Meaning the unit will always begin using whatever animation the ability says instead of what I tell it via triggers. If I use set animation right at cast, it won't work, if I use it .1 seconds after, it's fine, but the other animation still plays for that .1 seconds beforehand.

I either need a way to play specific animation in the data editor, or override that field on cast.

Any ideas?

Level 4
Yeah I'm using an animation hash system that runs a 0.01 period trigger on abil cast, still get a little delay with random stand animations (the anim that the spell plays when cast with the animation tag set to "none") but it's acceptable for now, would be so much easier if we could specify specific anims in the spells themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.