• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

animated trees?

Level 21
there was a time when trees were always moving, I guess they removed it.
Perhaps but perhaps not. The Mandela effect has also occurred to me with WC3.
For example I always thought (until some years ago) that in the 6th undead mission in Reign of Chaos, the Blackrock Warriors (brown orcs) use ogre warriors, apart from ogre magi. That is not the case. They only use ogre magi. Same for the Blackrock Slavers (lightblue orcs); I always thought they used goblin shredders, apart from goblin sappers and zeppelins. That is not the case yet again.

So yeah... Mandela effect is kinda crazy but it has a positive effect on you (generally speaking) until you find out the truth.

Level 19
I always thought (until some years ago) that in the 6th undead mission in Reign of Chaos, the Blackrock Warriors (brown orcs) use ogre warriors, apart from ogre magi. That is not the case. They only use ogre magi. Same for the Blackrock Slavers (lightblue orcs); I always thought they used goblin shredders, apart from goblin sappers and zeppelins. That is not the case yet again.
You can go through the history of the AI script, apart from the rename it wasn't touched since 1.00 ROC. I didn't find signs of both things you mentioned.

Speaking of Mandela Effect, I find this really cool. To me it's really something tangible here with provably no outside influence through ads, subculture and so on.

Level 21
You can go through the history of the AI script, apart from the rename it wasn't touched since 1.00 ROC. I didn't find signs of both things you mentioned.

Speaking of Mandela Effect, I find this really cool. To me it's really something tangible here with provably no outside influence through ads, subculture and so on.
Woah, that's great to know!
I recently bought a physical copy of WC3 as well so I can play on patch 1.00 RoC.
And I noticed a few interesting things:
  • Crates look different and cannot be selected (not 100% sure for the latter cause I'm sleepy but I think you can't M1 crates).
  • Villagers that turn into Zombies on The Culling play their birth animation (after becoming zombies).
  • I will continue this comment as I keep playing the campaign but from what I can tell, Arthas' Animate Dead does not make units invulnerable and they last longer.

Level 21

Speaking of Mandela Effect... I just played the Fall of Silvermoon on patch 1.29.2 and the towers on the edge of silvermoon are High Elven Guard Towers and not Sky-Fury Towers...
I always thought they were only the anti air Sky-Fury tower???
Can someone check????

Level 19
@raypack these? I don't see any differences between 1.00 -> 1.31.1 besides day -> night and texture/bridge rendering differences.
undead05-roc-v1.00.jpg

Level 21
@raypack these? I don't see any differences between 1.00 -> 1.31.1 besides day -> night and texture/bridge rendering differences.
View attachment 455839
What the...
I swear to god they were the green ones with 450 hp and anti-air attack only!

Man I'm getting creeped out by the Mandela effect... fr no cap ong

Last edited: