• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animate tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I want to add the default tree animations to this palm tree:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/palmtree-49399/?prev=search=palm%20tree&d=list&r=20
(the author wasn't active since a few years so I think he does not care about permission or not [however I contacted him though but he did not respond yet])

I tried to create a helper object and attaching all animations to it but ingame only a few animations worked properly while others did not (I was using Magos')
I'd also like this tree to still blow in the wind (it has a global sequence but I don't really know what that is but it did not work with and without it)

So my question is:
How to animate this tree?

edit:
the 999th try worked
I used oinkerwinkle's animation transfer tool, then copied every single leaf animation and applied the global sequence using magos'
however I had to save it as mdl because magos' fucked up a few things and then convert it to mdx with a mdlx converter from the tool section

Attachments

• Palm.mdx
    27.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.