• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

AngryBovine's Artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I wanted to show off some of the drawings I've done.

Most of my pieces involve sketching them out and then scanning them and fixing them up on the computer. I will upload more as I finish additional pieces. Just know some of these pieces are older then current.

#1: A mechanized soldier, he gets a lot of inspiration from the Tau of Warhammer 40k.

#2: An orc warrior, as he contemplates his upcoming conflict. He stands on an outcrop on Hellfire Peninsula in the Outlands (for those of you who play WoW). There's a lot about this one I don't like, so I might get around to fixing it sometime.

#3: Fractal piece. Done completely on computer, I figured it was neat looking and its the large sized version of my avatar. (I figure also that I will change my avatar to be a mad cow sometime.)

Tell me what you think. That means both comments and criticism!

Other art pieces in the thread:
The Lone Tauren
The Two Demons
Cinders and Metal
A Certain Droid General
The One and Only Captain
Of Gods and Mermaids
The Mech and his Model

Attachments

• Mechanized Infantry Uncolored.jpg
    Mechanized Infantry Uncolored.jpg
    684.6 KB · Views: 886
  • Orc Final 2008 Edit.jpg
    Orc Final 2008 Edit.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 546
  • Mindswarm.jpg
    Mindswarm.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Level 9
Level 9
1st one is best for sure. Was that touched up on compy?
2econd one just looks corny. The way his arms are and everything just looks weird.
3rd one is really cool. Don't know how you make them things or how hard it is to make it. I never made one. What program did you use?

The first one was slightly darkened on the computer after I scanned it. It's my (used to be) most recent work, and definitely the last thing I scanned so far. That was done before the summer.

The orc? That was done 2 years ago. You should see the "unfixed" version... it's much worse.

And the last one? It wasn't too hard to make. Mostly picking a nice looking pattern, changing a few numbers, and then colorizing it. I personally use GIMP, though I'm sure you can do similar things in photoshop (or your program of preference).

I should have more drawings/etc uploaded soon.

Level 9
Oh it looks cool, even though the lighting/shadows makes it slightly hard to see everything.
Btw what kinda tablet do ya got?

Ah, yea, the lights are sorta hard on the eyes. That'll eventually go away when I finish the sketch, when I find the time.

I use a crappy little 4x6 tablet, an Wacom Intuos. I figure I'll upgrade it when I get a little more serious into art.

The first two are great. The third is.. interesting. The fourth one is great two.

Thanks!

I should have a new drawing up soon, once I scan it in.

Level 9
I think the second one is a bit too smudged though.

I tend to do that (by accident) on my computer colored drawings; I can't seem to get a sharper feel to it.

And, I'll throw another pair out there. I apologize for the bad paper used for the second one in advanced, I drew on the back of a school handout; I wasn't really intending to ever reveal it but here it is. The first one is an older one, the second one is slightly more recent (but both are still more than half a year old).

Attachments

• Demon lord.jpg
    Demon lord.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 1,767
  • Demon Lord Revamped.jpg
    Demon Lord Revamped.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 540
Level 9
Now THAT is cool! The blade seems a bit unrealistic and the handle quite big, but everything else is exceptional.

Yea, I believe his hand is too small too (making the handle look even bigger). I appreciate the compliment!

Haha, same here. I like your art.

Thanks! I should have more art here soon, tomorrow morning.

Level 9
My my, what a fiery skeleton ^^
Have you thought of drawing over with a felt tip?
Try it - it will look awesome ;)

Yes, that ol' bugger is a fiery one. He'll burn out soon.

Uh... felt tip pen? Never used one before. Personally, I like nothing but pencil; any other medium I use will be a digital one. I just hate the feeling I'd mess up inking something. But, I'll test it out some time if I get my hands on one.

I should be able to get some more pictures up soon.

Level 9
some cool looking stuff here. I love the flying demo-like one alot..plus the Tau based marines are also very cool. +rep

Thanks! And more cool art you shall receive!

This one's a WIP and I'm not satisfied with it, but here it is: (Done completely on the computer. No line art, no nothing, just color.)

Attachments

• General Grievous Edit 2008.jpg
    General Grievous Edit 2008.jpg
    700.3 KB · Views: 304
Level 9
The fiery skeleton seems to skinny, even for a skeleton. But that's just me being picky.

Nice job on the colour for your General Grievous art!

Skinny? He's supposed to be charred of all flesh, so he is sorta skinny. I never saw a fat skeleton before! XD

The Grievous coloring took a while, but I think it was worth it. If I ever feel up to it, I'm going to sharpen the edges on some part of him so he's a little more defined.

I should have... even more art up soon. As long as I stop being lazy and use my scanner.

Level 9
Whee! I finally have an update again.

A newer mech, done in summer time, along with its 3D counterparts.

Attachments

• The New Mech.jpg
    The New Mech.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 100
  • Mech Screen 2.jpg
    Mech Screen 2.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Mech Screen.jpg
    Mech Screen.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Mech Screen 3.JPG
    Mech Screen 3.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 86
Level 9
If you're talking about the model, the finger quality was sacrificed due to the high poly count I was working for the rest of it. I actually even have an animation for it, but it got corrupted and I can't find the one on my flash drive. For the pic, I was just lazy. I'd do more stuff like this in the future, but I only had access to maya in my summer program. Normally, I use blender (for virtue that it's priceless, in more ways than one).

Status
Not open for further replies.