• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Edge45 Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Just some speed paintings,

Attachments

• BloodMoon.jpg
    BloodMoon.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 90
  • HarvestMoon.jpg
    HarvestMoon.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 109
  • FullMoon.jpg
    FullMoon.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 77
Level 24
Lol i thought its Final Fantasy 15, the silhouette looks almost the same.
final-fantasy-xv-noctis-gladio-ignis-prompto.jpg

well, doesnt really the same, just 4 guys with a car XP

Close enough : P
(Oh, perhaps this will also serve as a good reference)

I don't know why but they remind me of GLA in Generals

Their green colors are reason enough,

But actually, the idea came from my favorite childhood game
maxresdefault.jpg

With four characters, a backround and a good perspective, it would be a good practice for me.

View attachment 254217 My old tutor about Fx drawing (made in ~2013). Take a look about how to get fire-flame looking (by cutting circles tech). Hope you will learn something usefull :>

This is quite handy, perhaps I'll make use of this in the future. Thanks :)

Level 49
ff32-jpg.125819

This is a little example about shaping&render. I the same time i had one more but unlucky i removed it with my old Windows documents pack. Generally the theory is about imagination, perspective and light propagation, reflection etc. Imagination is needed to catch from the object you wanna draw it's main, fundamental options that describe the whole object and differs it from other objects. The first thing is about the mostly basic shaping, about primitives, that can be figured out as a smalles number of lines that represents object. For example castle can be described with two primitive towers and a flag :) Boat is just an arc and a line, maybe with another line representing paddle. That is used for recognition, for associating ur design solutions with the origins of object you drawing. So, this shape should be readed anyway after all the transformation in ur fantasy. The another part of imagination is design of this unique object you gonna draw, your design should differ this one object from the whole object group. This part also includes the exlpanation and design of environment in which your object is placed inside. If this object is caught on flames - there should be some ashes\burny things around. Like that. Once u imagine all these things - you start to construct your image, draw your horizon line, and put all actual sketches inside, trying to balance composition by the rule of golden ratio. Once u made it - you will need all your knowledge and imagination to fill your image with air and light, cuz without natural lighting propagation on your image it will look plastic. All things that have some color also reflect it on surrounding objects, also there is a lot of rules about color mixing on different materials. From all these you will get an perfect grayscale image, and there are even more rules about coloring, the main is that your color palette should be possible taken from any halfsquare of your picture, then ur image will look colorfull. Designing color palette should include contrast colors like that can be picked as opposing on color-wheel.

And afterall - never forget, that picture, drawing is not only about techs (perfect metal reflexes etc.). Is mostly about style, and stylish things bad done look better than perfectly done obscure things. Style is about mixing and maximizing contrast elements, like for example - small girl (that symbolizes purity) with a huge gun (or truly deadly thing with a huge size). Also there is a style form that just maximizes balanced elements - but this is just a "beauty". In the true art things should be always unbalanced, unsequenced. The truth about modern art is about breaking stereotypes, about cognitive dissonance that should affect people. Restrained use of contrast types will help you get really nice arts. Try to mix medieval theme with futurism, small neat character with pretty badass facial expressions, landscape designs with overgrown small thingie (a forest from shrooms instead of trees for example). Plot on your image should be unexpected.

Maybe ill remake my shaping tutor with examples and will share it:)

Level 24
I think I've learned quite a lot from your point, thanks again :). Maybe I'll start with primitive shapes this time rather than direct sketching. But problem for me when it goes to shaping primitives including characters, would be that I do not use my hands, instead a mouse to sketch.
I'm a little attached to mouse, but it would be really necessary if it is some ipad.
(Can't really wait to get one)

Level 15
I think her arm is really long. Might be because perspective thingy is off.
And I see that your painting skill is much better than your lineart skillz :p

Level 24
Its been awhile since I visited this thread or even its forum section.

I actually stopped digital painting and artworks due to problem in my eyes. I've been hungering to make something, so I decided to go back to traditional.

Using just (scavenged) pencils, erasers and sharpeners, I returned back to practice my hands in drawings and sketching.
Began with simple animal linearts (late-Dec), then towards manga styles(Late-Dec - late-Jan) then presently to realism sketches.

Well, I'll just show here some of the good ones, rather than including the lot of sucky ones. I'll also not include the lot of redraws I made from animes save for few. And also, again, not including the simple animal linearts.
(And some of them weren't clear due to camera and with the strong light or too dark ones)

*These are actually redraws of manga style images I saw randomly on the net or what I dugged. I actually had bunch of them, but they're too sucky and bad (and don't get me wrong, I manage to do better with females than males, that is why you see no males here xp [*not a pervert])

ESkchtN1.jpg
I can't remember what anime this was, it was actually an old image deep in my folders
ESkchtN2.jpg
Appeared suddenly on my VPN app, dunno what she's called though
ESkchtN3.jpg
Somehow very familiar, saw her as an anime image from my classmate's USB
ESkchtN4.jpg
Another image from my classmate's USB (it had some number names though but) I kinda remember this was from Deviantart.
ESkchtN5.jpg
This one appeared randomly on my VPN app (I realized it was ads, but phone screen was too small, so I wasn't able to know the title of the ad). After I finished it, I found an old pack of Water Pens and practiced it. Applying here, I messed up though, and what's more bad was that there was no "Undo" or eraser to go back ... x/

*This time, instead of redraws, I used numerous references and make a new portrait, some are also done by using my memories without looking at any references. (Yeah, there was a lot of them too, but meh...)
Arrange from oldest-latest

ESkcht0Edge.jpg
My first (good in my view) manga style (and seriously-made) drawing. My own character and was drawn using my past avatars as refs
ESkcht1Shanks.jpg
Super-cool Shanks from One Piece, used the actual anime as ref
ESkcht2CrimsonEdge.jpg
Crimson and Edge, characters from RACC, used the first one as my ref, although I had Edge looking bad because of the angle : /
ESkcht3MikuHatsune.jpg
Hatsune Miku, used three ref for her face and body, and accidentally drew the eyes while experimenting with different eyes for perspective.
ESkcht4Leia.jpg
Princess Leia from StarWars/Carrie Fisher , she actually passed away with her mother followed : /
ESkcht5Moon.jpg
The female character from Pokemon Sun & Moon, I kinda liked the game :> kinda lost the ref image, but I remember it was many and in one image.

*Staying too long in one style won't be enough to satisfy me hunger, so goin to realistic ones, (*sigh*, I cannot tell on the ones I didn't upload)

ESkchtR1Smaug.jpg
During January, I saw a brief scene of The Hobbit, the one when Smaug opened his eye, yeah that was well made. So I made it my first ref in going realistic, but it ended up turning into a concept
ESkchtR2K.jpg
After finishing Smaug, I saw a drawing in some FB page, I was soo amazed, so I made a redraw of it (didn't look the same though and I had some mess ups), actually tested ballpens here, but I couldn't finish it
ESkchtR3RowanAtkinson.jpg
And my latest one, few days ago. I really liked the old comedy show Mr. Bean, I drew a portrait of its actor Rowan Atkinson based on a real image, didn't end up the same though and I messed up. Shows that I need more improvements and to learn.

Here's some potato ^_^
images

Level 22
Nice, especially the dragon eyes. I think you can darken the outlines and apply some shadings to make the drawings look better

The female character from Pokemon Sun & Moon, I kinda liked the game :> kinda lost the ref image
At first glance she looked like she's showing off her bewbs, maybe it was the outlines being not dark enough...

Level 15
At first glance she looked like she's showing off her bewbs, maybe it was the outlines being not dark enough...
So true. @Edge45 you are really good on making this, make some more! I think i got new candidate for Mr Hentai since Kurt is gone. Hentai Edge. or Edgy Hentai. or. Edge of Hentai. XD
My first (good in my view) manga style (and seriously-made) drawing. My own character and was drawn using my past avatars as refs
This is also my favorite
Super-cool Shanks from One Piece, used the actual anime as ref
He looks so fancy :p
After finishing Smaug, I saw a drawing in some FB page, I was soo amazed, so I made a redraw of it (didn't look the same though and I had some mess ups), actually tested ballpens here, but I couldn't finish it
Nice, love it! Soo clean
And my latest one, few days ago. I really liked the old comedy show Mr. Bean, I drew a portrait of its actor Rowan Atkinson based on a real image, didn't end up the same though and I messed up. Shows that I need more improvements and to learn.
So damn awesome! I can easily know him after few sec.

And, omg, I am doing exactly same thing like you :p I got new rival in here

Level 24
Wunderbar ^^

So I have a question, mind if I ask? When did you began painting? Have you ever stopped painting in the middle

Well sure I can answer. I began editing wc3 icons and skins, photomanipulate, and other beginner stuff months before I actually started digi-painting from scratch, so that would vaguely be two years ago in the late 2015s, or was that the early 2016s.
I stopped painting yes, due to rl stuff and busy weeks, lack of motivation, and tire, but I return to it when time is available.

Anyway, thank you people ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.