• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alchemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Alrighty, so I had this bright idea of ALCHEMY, or making potions...so it requires the hero to
1.buy a Alchemy Vat
2.buy a Guide to potion making (or experiment)(or use prior knowledge)
3.use the recipes in the guide to learn how to make different potions(not DOTA item recipes, these are dummys for the sole purpose of having you read them)
4."give" the items to the vat(the vat has a inventory)
5.click on vat and use the "Brew!" ability.

Why must it be so complicated, well i dont like it when you can "make" items while your in the middle of a battle, the world just isnt like that, same thing with potion-making, you need to put the items in the vat and then appy heat or whatever....

Now i am fully aware of how to combine items to make new items, i habve read the tutorial, btut what i want to know is how to check if an non-hero has the item?(by this i mean the line when it say: IF the hero manipulating item has item-type of _______)

So where is that If Condition?
Yes i can see the one where it say item carryed by HERO, so i wana know is there a one for Unit? and if not, can someone teach me a new method?(new method needs to resemble my Alchemy potion-making steps i had typed above)(and no i cannot be the item-combine from DOTA where as long as the items are in your inventory they turn into items)

Level 20
  • (Hero manipulating item)
actually refers to any unit,doesn't matter wheter that unit is hero or not.
And if you want to check if a non-hero unit has an item,use:
  • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Your_Item) Equal to True
  • ((Hero manipulating item) is A Hero) Equal to False

Last edited:
Level 20
  • Alchemy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Brew
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Ingredient 1) Equal to True
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Ingredient 2) Equal to True
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Ingredient 3) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Ingredient 1)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Ingredient 2)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Ingredient 3)
          • Hero - Create (Mix of those ingredients) and give it to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
Make a trigger like this. I think it's not needed to check which unit has those items since only vat should have Brew ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.