• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI, WAI Files and melee AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello there guys.

Ive got some problems creating melee AI for my custom race, so i decided it would be easier to simply open classic AI which Blizzard created for melee maps and classic races, and then adjust it to my race (change units, upgrades and so on - i just need the "skeleton", "map" or "key" of AI so i wont forget anything... i hope you know what i mean).

I tried opening MPQ archive, and viola - i found every single AI from campaing, and probably even Melee ones. However, they are in .AI file, and AI editor in world editor can open only .WAI files.

So, question is: can i turn .AI file into .WAI file somehow? and if not, is there some different file where i can find melee AI's? And if even this isnt possible, is there somebody who could send me some random, working AI (even for your own race, all i need is just adjust it to my race)?

Thank you very much.

Level 7
Yeah, im thinking about using Wyrm Monger or GruntMaster AI as "Base AI". However, i want to make Blood Elven Race AI, and GruntMaster uses only 1 unit - Grunt. If it would be classic Orc AI, i would change Grunts into swordsmen, Spearthrowers into Archers and all this stuff. However, now ill have to change Grunt into every other unit and hope i wont screw anything up.

And theres still option that somebody would send me some working AI for race which uses more than 1 (2 in case of wyrmmonger) units.

But anyway, thanks.

Little edit: Creating AI from scratch is so (or at least looks) complicated... so something like "Key" AI would prove useful. If not for this, i wouldnt require any help.

Last edited:
Level 23
Yeah, im thinking about using Wyrm Monger or GruntMaster AI as "Base AI". However, i want to make Blood Elven Race AI, and GruntMaster uses only 1 unit - Grunt. If it would be classic Orc AI, i would change Grunts into swordsmen, Spearthrowers into Archers and all this stuff. However, now ill have to change Grunt into every other unit and hope i wont screw anything up.

And theres still option that somebody would send me some working AI for race which uses more than 1 (2 in case of wyrmmonger) units.

But anyway, thanks.

Little edit: Creating AI from scratch is so (or at least looks) complicated... so something like "Key" AI would prove useful. If not for this, i wouldnt require any help.
THe sample KIs are pretty crappy, the AI editor is easy to learn.
The standard wc3 KIs are most certainly not created with the AI editor.
Ais created there have some issues.
Take a look in the tutorial section.
Look what I found: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/ai-editor-162687/

Level 7
Ive looked on few AI Editors, and found only the basics (like on the one you showed me). So it seems, ill have to try make AI from Gruntmaster, and use my own imagination. But still, thanks!

note: by KI you mean AI? (if it is just gramatical error or something totally different)

Edit: Screw this. i created very basic AI which was supposed to only summon 4-5units, altar, hero and house and all it does is harvest lumber.
Edit2: I forgot to remove trigger "Start melee AIs for all players"... my bad. So, now the AI editing can begin!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.