• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Age of War 2

10th Civilization Poll!

• Dutch

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Portuguese

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Polish

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Hungarian

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Italian

• Greek

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Mongolian

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Korean

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other (Please Specify)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
1.7 is out!

Wonders and Relics are not fully implemented, but you can still build wonders and collect relics with your monks and deposit them in a monastery.

-New AI: German - Inasane
-New game modes: King Mode (-king) and Regicide (-reg)
-New Research: Spies (Available after age 5 at town center or castle)
-New Ability: Reveal Map (After researching spies)
-Game mode choice selection time increased from 60s to 120s
-Flame Thrower greek fire buff now works properly
-Axe Thrower resistance to pierce reduced to 20% from 50%
-German upgrade costs slightly reduced

Also this marks one month since Age of War 2 beta was released.

In 1.8 relics and wonders will fully work, and the 10th civilization will be done.

A good mode to play right now is king mode, try it out : )

Level 11
Essentially you get a hero that has abilities to help your troops, the AI works with king mode as well. You can also revive your king if he dies.

Regicide is basically the same as king mode, except if your king dies, you loose.

The last 2 screenshot on the first page are with king mode, weirdly their thumbnails don't work, but they are named King.JPG and King2.JPG

Level 11
The King is getting a new artillery ability and his passives are being placed in a spellbook.
All the AIs are getting adjusted to work with guard towers and new hero abilities.
Relics and Wonders are now done, but I still don't know what the 10th civ should be...

Level 11
1.8 is here! Unfortunately the 10th civ will appear in the last beta update of 1.9

-New game modes: Wonders (-won) and Relics (-rel)
-New King Ability: Bombardment (Available in Age 2, improves every age)
-All AIs have been improved to work better with the King's new ability
-King passive abilities are in a spellbook
-Kings can no longer pick up relics
-Kings are more resistant to ranged and siege damage
-AIs can now upgrade Watch Towers to Guard Towers
-Light Infantry and Light Cavalry are now 10% melee resistant
-Light Cavalry do bonus damage vs mechanical, not buildings anymore
-Ranged Cavalry do bonus vs cavalry, not mechanical anymore
-Light Infantry no longer cost 20 wood to train, build time decreased from 28s to 26s
-Ranged Infantry cost 20 less gold to train, build time decreased from 32s to 30s

Level 12
Although now that I think, for some civs would be good if not included:
-China, because then you will be accused of reviving ww2
-Poland, because then you will be accused to be obsessed with polish culture
-Greece, because this will start greek-macedonian wars again as already seen in this thread

WW2 is far not in the timeframe of this game. You do not have anything communist or tanks, I did not know where did you get that idea.

Why would he be obsessed with Polish culture? Polish hussar has nothing to do with Polish culture, the hussars were Serbs, who were at first mercenaries of Hungary and Poland. And it is not culture it is warfare.

Who cares about people who do not know how to spell.

Level 22
WW2 is far not in the timeframe of this game. You do not have anything communist or tanks, I did not know where did you get that idea.

Why would he be obsessed with Polish culture? Polish hussar has nothing to do with Polish culture, the hussars were Serbs, who were at first mercenaries of Hungary and Poland. And it is not culture it is warfare.

Quit trolling. The next one I'm going to report you, christ.

Level 11
1.9 is out!

-New Civilization: Poland
-Insane AI now works properly
-King can see better at night
-Imperial Samurai +2 attack damage
-Pistoleers +2 attack damage
-Skirmishers now available to all civs at the Barracks
-Stealth Infantry cost and build time reduced
-Stealth Infantry available to train at the Market
-Market and Siege Workshop get the Reinforce ability

Okay, you probably have no idea what I was talking about. For the first point, you see in his map's comments http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/age-war-v9-0-a-172888/index3.html#post1741617 , however for second the proof is gone, since the thread was cleaned, only this remained http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/hussar-192300/ , but there were some total idiots accusing me that I'm obsessed with polish culture only because I made a polish hussar, and evidence for the third is in this thread.

Level 12
This is not flaming. As you can see I am not insultive. He said I am stupid, that is not insultive to me. People should not be insulted when they hear the truth. If you do not know how to spell, you do not. I know that I am not stupid or smart and I am not insulted if he thinks I am stupid.

Level 11
Thank you all who participated in the beta!

The map will be released within the next few days on thw.

I will leave you off with a picture that will be my next map:

m1860099_SMCOVERART.jpg

Level 12
The map has some troubles. At a time, it appears Player 2 or 3 or 4 is defeated, I get the message Victory! and then when I wish to continue I get the end. You need to make victory when all players are defeated, I did not even be able to fight or reach the imperial age when quickly that player is defeated. It is a hard game, even when playing with easy players. The japanese just overwhelm with numbers. You said that you would make hard difficulty almost impossible to defeat, you made easy difficulty like hard normal like insane and hard like outmatched. I just tried to ally, something weird happened, I got a error and the error made the game to abort.

Level 11
The final version of this map is planned on being released next week.

Turks will be getting a new unit between archer and janissary, the composite bowman.

Either than that everything is pretty much set.

In the meantime, have fun playing the beta before it ends or visit my shitty excuse of a site.

Status
Not open for further replies.