• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

After The Frozen Throne...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
WoW doesn't continue the story. It just says 'Everyone went there and there and now you're free to kill them or be allied with them'

And that's it... im asking for some plot with major events that would change the world just like RoC did with Archimonde and the invasion of the burning legion or Arthas and the Frozen Throne...

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Probably the Eastern Kingdoms would be a huge war of Humans, Orcs and Undead. As for Illidan, he would have to deal with Kil'jaeden. Kalimdor would be at peace, I still don't understand how the Orcs and Night Elves got engaged in combat again.

Reign of Chaos happened because of Medivh, though. To have a story as interesting as that one we would need someone who could try to manipulate faith, like Medivh did.

Level 12
but WoW did happen. what you're asking for isn't what would have happened, it's just "make up a plot for after tft" If there's a wc4, itll take place after wow.

Actually, you are wrong, they said as part of a hint that if they made a 4th one, it would take place after TFT and ignore WoW.

Level 27
Before a comment like 'How can you ignore WoW, how can you ignore something that has happend' i will say 'because WoW does nothing!!!!!'

Wtf does WoW do? it makes some races be allied for very stupid reasons and make them battle to death and then just crash a draenei 'spaceship'? onto azeroth to let them join and suddenly let blood elves pop up out of nowhere while they all should be with Kael.. Suddenly Naga everywhere and now you even get to see arthas!!!

WoW = Tourism Place

Its just a tourism place for people who've played at the games and finaly now they have an intresting world to explore.. so.. well.. it doesn't continue the story at all.. only the things i've lke never heard of like the blue dragonflight etc. wtf do we care? We wanna know what Arthas is going to do next doh! We wanna know about the night elves! Lady vash and Kael and how Illidan gets killed in real! not just get killed by a fucking random bunch of adventurers that decide to help Maiev kill him -.-

Wc4!!! >.>

Level 24
i think wc4 could some sort of forming blocks again... some would stand with arthas, some with the good ones. and in the end jaina could kinda come to arthas and when he sees her he remembers and then starts the inner fight... splitting up again into arthas and lich king, arthas wins, marries jaina has children and the warcraft universe is at peace again... for another 10000 years
YAY! sorry it's my nature to be romantic xD

Level 27
i think wc4 could some sort of forming blocks again... some would stand with arthas, some with the good ones. and in the end jaina could kinda come to arthas and when he sees her he remembers and then starts the inner fight... splitting up again into arthas and lich king, arthas wins, marries jaina has children and the warcraft universe is at peace again... for another 10000 years
YAY! sorry it's my nature to be romantic xD

Man i look forward to the moment when Arthas kills Jaina >.>

Level 13
I've read somewhere if Blizzard does make WC4 it will have to do with the "Underworld" (mentioned in WC1) and it's daemons, which supported orcs, but it isn't for sure as they changed the storyline, making daemons into the Burninig Legion and it's demons...

Anyways, if Blizzard makes WC4 it WILL count World of Warcraft for sure. They can't simple ignore things like the fall of the Exodar from the sky, the madness of Illidan and Kael, the opening of Ahn Qiraj or the Dark Portal... and many more things which have changed and will change (the apparition of Iron Dwarves and the Taunka, the rebelion of some of the Death Knights).

Even more, maybe they use ideas from raids to make campaigns: Maybe at some point, a renegade Death Knight goes into Blackwing Lair to kill Nefarian... or into the Molten Core to banish Ragnaros from the mortal plane into the elemental once again... Actually, maybe that will be the main story of the game, an open war breaking out between Ragnaros and Nefarian (as they are enemies in WoW already) and different races taking sides to destroy one or the other...

There is loads of ways of continuing the Warcraft storyline... :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 27
Anyways, if Blizzard makes WC4 it WILL count World of Warcraft for sure.

And will they then give it like 'Some adventurers came by and killed Ragnaros because they wanted his items'? XD

No they HAVE TO ignore it, and if they change it like 'A *LorePerson* came in conflict with that and ragnaros got killed etc. then they are also ignoring WoW' ... Which means that they can better totally ignore WoW than fuck things even more up...

arthas could see jaina and remember his past. he's start breaking free from the lich king that's be an interesting plot

2 Problems...

1. He has no soul remember? He didn't regret killing his father!!! How the fuck would jaina get to him then? Btw it would be not intresting at all... it would be more intresting when Arthas would go trashing the world...

2. He IS the lich king! The lich king and he are one, he can't just pull off the helmet.. and even if there was some way of getting them split together the lich king wouldn't let anyone do that...

Level 9
2 Problems...

1. He has no soul remember? He didn't regret killing his father!!! How the fuck would jaina get to him then? Btw it would be not intresting at all... it would be more intresting when Arthas would go trashing the world...

2. He IS the lich king! The lich king and he are one, he can't just pull off the helmet.. and even if there was some way of getting them split together the lich king wouldn't let anyone do that...

According to Blizzard's newest official wallpaper he can and he probably will. (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/wallpapers.xml#w10)

In my opinion the argument which claims that WOW isn't developing the plot is only half true. Technically, it remains stacked in the place and doesn't move in time but there are still events occurring which creates great confusion and frustration. Such situation makes it impossible for the plot to move forward however the ideas still remain.

Now, if you like or don't like these ideas it is a matter of a taste. I, for instance, find the Draenei story fascinating and good (With bit of reluctance about the part of the spaceship crashing in Azeroth. Not because it's wrong, because in my opinion it is just too brutal.). And on the other hand, I find the idea behind the Caverns of time (Mount Hyjal to be more specific) is unacceptable in my opinion. Again, some will agree with me and some won't, because it is a matter of a taste.

So, what should we do? Ignore the parts we don't like and embrace the ones we do. Fortunately there are events you can ignore without affecting too much on the lore and the logic of things. With greater events it is a little bit more problematic but it is not impossible.

If you still feel uncomfortable and think you know how the "right lore" should look like then try to make it yourself. There are plenty of ways to express your ideas; one example is making a map or a campaign.

I think that if people will relate to the lore that wow presenting only as one way to tell the story, they will see that it is much more bearable.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Actually, Blizzard has worked on improving the lore point of view in WoW recently. Take the Sunwell thing for example. They've brought this culmination, so to say, to the entire TBC story and its series of betrayals. As far as the lore's concerned in WotLK, they've made progress so far, moving Garrosh Hellscream to Northrend as a new leader and probably a successor of Thrall and all.

So I think wc4 should cover a story continuing after the culminations of TBC and WotLK, but simply condoning the defeat of Ragnaros, C'thun and all the dragons and such, as minor battles.

Perhaps the story of wc4 could revolve around the war between the Legion and the newly formed "Army of the Light", which the Naaru predicted would be created by the dreanei and the Alliance. The high elven order could be restored by those who survived the cataclysmic tragedy of the blood elves. Argus, the legendary homeworld of the Eredar could be a new location to be fought over. Sargares, could re-materialize and take charge of things once more. The Forsaken could rise to power in Northrend and pose a new threat to Azeroth. You name it...

Level 9
Actually, Blizzard has worked on improving the lore point of view in WoW recently. Take the Sunwell thing for example. They've brought this culmination, so to say, to the entire TBC story and its series of betrayals. As far as the lore's concerned in WotLK, they've made progress so far, moving Garrosh Hellscream to Northrend as a new leader and probably a successor of Thrall and all.

So I think wc4 should cover a story continuing after the culminations of TBC and WotLK, but simply condoning the defeat of Ragnaros, C'thun and all the dragons and such, as minor battles.

Perhaps the story of wc4 could revolve around the war between the Legion and the newly formed "Army of the Light", which the Naaru predicted would be created by the dreanei and the Alliance. The high elven order could be restored by those who survived the cataclysmic tragedy of the blood elves. Argus, the legendary homeworld of the Eredar could be a new location to be fought over. Sargares, could re-materialize and take charge of things once more. The Forsaken could rise to power in Northrend and pose a new threat to Azeroth. You name it...

One possible idea. The possibilities are limitless.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
(...)
2 Problems...

Love has it's effects on people, although Warcraft is a cauldron of magic and not a romance story. Yeah it'll most unlikely happen.
And Jaina has no way of knowing the Lich King is Arthas, save through Kael (who is supposedly dead) or Illidan (she doesn't even know him).

However, this thing of the Lich King knowing past, present and future makes things a bit complicated. That could prove to be an interesting storyline though, someone trying to break the future to shape a new one.

Level 9
According to Cycle of Hatred she knows. How she knows? One explanation is that Jaina is a powerful Archmage and like all powerful wizards has her own ways to discover things.

Not convinced? Here is the entire proof:

According to Land of Mystery Brann knows. If Brann knows= The Explorer's Guild Know. If the Explorer's Guild know= Ironforge and Stormwind know. If Stormwind and Ironforge know= The Alliance know. Brann also mentioned he sent a copy to the Horde's leaders. If Thrall knows, who cares who else within the Horde knows. If Thrall miraculously haven't receive his copy; Sylvanas knows. If Sylvanas knows= The Horde Know. If Sylvanas decided not to tell him, Jaina would.

Also Important to note that probably some of Kael'thas's elves had returned to Silvermoon.

QED, Everyone Know!

There could be few more proofs, but I don't intend to give them all.

Last edited:
Level 13
And will they then give it like 'Some adventurers came by and killed Ragnaros because they wanted his items'? XD

Actually... every time you kill Ragnaros or any other boss, he respawns so, for what the storyline concerns, none of them are dead yet. Kel'thuzad has been killed loads of times and the undead attack continues on the human kingdoms... Illidan has been slained maybe more times than Kel'thuzad an he still plans to conquer Outland... and many more things like that...

Anyways, as many people said before, the Warcraft 4 storyline can head to any way, and that is fine with me - Blizzard never dissapointed me with the thread of the story of Azeroth :thumbs_up:

So let's get patient... and hope players get tired of the WotLK soon, so new projects are started :grin:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Actually, Illidan is completely dead, story-wise. Unlike Kel'thusad, who has his resurrection explained through that artifact you're supposed to get but eventually lose. Illidan's storyline comes to an end in TBC, and Kael'thas takes the role of lead villain.

Level 13
What do you mean Illidan is dead? I gave up playing WoW a few months ago, but then Illidan was alive and as mad as always...
Has the Sunwell patch has changed that much the story?
I already dissaproved Blizzard's decision of making Illidan a killable boss and an enemy, but now I'm really dissapointed if they decided to kill him...
They are killing all my favorite characters... Illidan... Kael'thas... Arthas...:cry:

Level 27
Actually... every time you kill Ragnaros or any other boss, he respawns so, for what the storyline concerns, none of them are dead yet. Kel'thuzad has been killed loads of times and the undead attack continues on the human kingdoms... Illidan has been slained maybe more times than Kel'thuzad an he still plans to conquer Outland... and many more things like that...

Dude... now you say ''They've killed him but he still respawns'' and back then u said they shouldn't ignore WoW??

By presuming they have been killed thousand times and ressurected thousands times again they are kind of forced to ignore it arent they? xD

Level 13
What I meant was that the definitive changes made in WoW (Dark Portal, Ahn Qiraj opening, Exodar and everything else) should be taken into account. Other things, as the death of raid bosses which respawn continuesly will not change the story... Quite obvious. It would get boring if you had to kill the same guy in a campaing over and over again...
By my first post I did not mean that all World of Warcraft should be assumed as the continuing of TFT, only the most important events.

No, he still respawns like all the bosses, but story-wise, he is killed by Maiev and Akama with the help of certain "adventurers".
You meant that... they said the same about Nefarian, but in the presentation of TBC they said that the Black flight was still continuing with their plans of domination or whatever... With him leading them...

Quite contradictory...

Level 9
W
You meant that... they said the same about Nefarian, but in the presentation of TBC they said that the Black flight was still continuing with their plans of domination or whatever... With him leading them...

Quite contradictory...

Actually there is an event within TBC that directly points that Nefarian's plans had been compromised and he defeated. (I speak, of course, about Lady Sinestra's discussion with Overlord Mor'ghor. I suggest you read it, by the way, it may give you a thought or two.)

Level 13
Actually there is an event within TBC that directly points that Nefarian's plans had been compromised and he defeated. (I speak, of course, about Lady Sinestra's discussion with Overlord Mor'ghor. I suggest you read it, by the way, it may give you a thought or two.)

I did not know about this, but I must agree you are right. I must have misunderstood the words, because they did not mention Nefarian directly, only "the leader of the flight" , which must be Neltharion itself... As Sinestra says.

Level 28
Hell yeah. after some years of peaceful living, an unknown force kills one of the great leaders of the night elves.
Searching who could have done that, the night elves get deeper and deeper into a long lost legend which tells that Cenarius had signed a pact with this "unknown force" long time ago and now the time had come to make the night elves defenseless and enslaved by this force.
--Cutscene--
Arthas gets killed, a shadow disappears
--Cutscene ends--
Thats what the campaign could start bringing eventually in a new race, new and/or old friends and enemies and an epic fight at the end of the campaign :)

Level 8
Warcraft 4 would begin two years after Arthas became the Lich King. Beginning with the dwarves returning home to find Gnomeregan under attack. The next campaign would go to Lordaeron to show Sylvanas' continued war against the Scourge and her acceptance into the Horde. Next, the sights would shift to the Dark Irons and their elemental allies in their fight against Nefarian's Dark Horde. That would cover the stories of the Dwarven Provinces, the Forsaken, and the Dark Iron Dwarves.

Next would be Kalimdor's campaigns. First it would show the renewed fights between the night elves and orcs and the night elves acceptance as a race of the Alliance. Next, the humans of Theramore would begin a search for the missing king Varian Wrynn. And finally the retaking of the Echo Isles after the war against Admiral Proudmoore. That would cover the stories of the Night Elves, Theramore Isle, and the Darkspear Tribe.

The expansion would be set during Burning Crusade and tell the stories of the Blood Elves, the Draenei Exiles, the Illidari, the Sons of Lothar, and a bonus campaign with Lo'Gosh. Or... *SPOILERS*Varian Wrynn*SPOILERS*

Level 13
Warcraft 4 would begin two years after Arthas became the Lich King. Beginning with the dwarves returning home to find Gnomeregan under attack. The next campaign would go to Lordaeron to show Sylvanas' continued war against the Scourge and her acceptance into the Horde. Next, the sights would shift to the Dark Irons and their elemental allies in their fight against Nefarian's Dark Horde. That would cover the stories of the Dwarven Provinces, the Forsaken, and the Dark Iron Dwarves.

Next would be Kalimdor's campaigns. First it would show the renewed fights between the night elves and orcs and the night elves acceptance as a race of the Alliance. Next, the humans of Theramore would begin a search for the missing king Varian Wrynn. And finally the retaking of the Echo Isles after the war against Admiral Proudmoore. That would cover the stories of the Night Elves, Theramore Isle, and the Darkspear Tribe.

The expansion would be set during Burning Crusade and tell the stories of the Blood Elves, the Draenei Exiles, the Illidari, the Sons of Lothar, and a bonus campaign with Lo'Gosh. Or... *SPOILERS*Varian Wrynn*SPOILERS*

That is World of Warcraft...

Level 8
No it's not, its before World of Warcraft. Except at the end with the Illidari and the draenei and all that, that's right before and during Burning Crusade in the original Warcraft form.

Level 13
Actually... the attack at Gnomeragan took place just after WC2 (Blizzard mentioned it as an explanation to gnome's absence in WC3). And Dwarves' capital is Ironforge... The story of the Illidari, Blood elves and the draenei is mostly continued in WoW.
In other words, your idea is to make a WC4 in the few years between WC3's Rexxar's campaign (the last one in the timeline) and WoW. No sense at all.

Level 12
Add a illidans force witht he naga/blood elves/dreanei/fel orcs. That would be awesome! and continue from TFT

Not all Blood Elves are aligned with Illidan. In fact, I believe the majority or aligned with the Horde. The Draenei are part of the Alliance, and are in no way allied to Illidan. I believe you are refering to the Lost Ones? The Fel Orcs have already been implemented as a race made within another "prime" race. The Naga also have already been implemented, though they are not playable in Melee maps.

Draenei and Blood Elves are a must for the new possible races, if they added new ones.

Level 9

I don't like this story...

Actually, it is interesting to think on what main event(s) Warcraft 4 could been built on. I think that if Warcraft 4 structure will be the same as Warcraft 3, then there must be a main idea (The Third War, for example) and then each campaign will focus on how the played group (Faction, Hero, Etc...) is involved within the events and how it influences them.
A campaign which made from lots of parts that each part describes the story of a certain group and dosen't connected to the other groups' stories is boring and pointless.

That is why in the frozen throne the Horde isn't involved in the main event like the rest of factions, but has it's own campaign instead.

Level 9
They wouldn't nessesarily start Wc4 right right after Wc3. There was a break between Wc2 and Wc3 as well. You don't think the Scourge came the day after the Orcs were driven back to Draenor.

Who said it would?

But you have to remember that the time between Warcraft 3 and Warcraft 2 was, relatively, a peaceful one; nothing special occurred, and the events that did occur became books so there wasn't any serious lack of information when Warcraft 3 was released.

Level 13
Not all Blood Elves are aligned with Illidan. In fact, I believe the majority or aligned with the Horde.

Blood Elves are in the same situation as the Naga, they are a nearly complete race that can be playable in their campaign.
I mostly agree with Hawking, but I must say that the elven situation is quite interesting: we can see a division into the following subgroups:
  • Scryers: A renegade legion of the Blood Elves that vowed to follow the Naaru against the Legion.
  • High Elves: A small group of elves that survived the expedition into Outland in WC3, neither accepting Illidan, Kael'thas nor the current leader of the Blood Elves Lor'themar Theron, who do not accept the leadership of Kael any more, as he has been corrupted by demons.
  • Illidari Elves: I am not sure if this group elves still exist, because of the death of Illidan and the previous traition of Kael, but those are the followers of Illidan and the ones he secretly wanted to train into new Demon Hunters.
  • Blood Elves: Followers of Lor'themar Theron, which currently controls Silvermoon. Playable faction in WoW.
  • Kael'thas' elves: Followers of Kael'thas, which left Silvermoon in search of a new magic source and joined forces with the Naga and Illidan, became corrupted and ended up in trying to summon Kil'jeaden into Azeroth.

Anyways, I doubt the blood elves would be a new WC4 race. Draenei, for sure. Eredar, why not?. Iron dwarves? Coooooool :grin:

Why not Blood Elf? You can't have all 5 of those divisions and only have four Blood Elf units in the game and one hero. It just wouldn't work.

If you have Iron Dwarves you should have the other Dwarf Clans as well.

Eredar are basically the same as Draenei.. Except evil, corrupted, and under control of the Legion. They seem fine as a Neutral Group to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.