• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advanced Icon Cooldown Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Kino, yeah, like in DotA, for an example. Found picture.
94799d1293194380-advanced-icon-cooldown-replacement-cd-.jpg

sephiroth1234, that's not what I was searching for. Thanks anyways.

See how they appear passive on CD? I think it has to do something with Game Interface, but I don't know :S

Attachments

• CD!.JPG
    CD!.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 547
Level 9
Did you open the link? Use BTN and PASBTN icons. Replace the path of the PASBTN to DISBTN so that when the spell is in cooldown, it will not look darker but only loses its border. Note that you must have a border-less but not darkened icon of that spell.

The path should be like this if I've not mistaken; ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\PASBTNLightning.tga

Level 23
Did you open the link? Use BTN and PASBTN icons. Replace the path of the PASBTN to DISBTN so that when the spell is in cooldown, it will not look darker but only loses its border. Note that you must have a border-less but not darkened icon of that spell.

Exactly as he said, you need to replace the disbtn border with pasbtn one.

Level 23
Took a look at your screenshot again.

I was wrong, whatever it shows there is not a passive button.

Like you said in the first post its probabbly a Game Interface thing, so far I cant exactly find out what the exact cause is.

Level 30
Sorry for double post. Just found out: it's definitively a model. Can someone tell me, what textures the model uses? Oh, wait, maybe I can found out...

Edit:
It uses two separated textures:
UI\Feedback\Cooldown\cooldown.blp
UI\Feedback\Cooldown\star4.blp

Going further, experimenting with changing textures, will inform if I find out something...

Sorry for double post. Just found out: it's definitively a model. Can someone tell me, what textures the model uses? Oh, wait, maybe I can found out...

Edit:
It uses two separated textures:
UI\Feedback\Cooldown\star4.blp

Going further, experimenting with changing textures, will inform if I find out something...

wow, ur so great! so maybe we can just do it by editing the skin of the model... ^_^

BTW, while browsing the GI, I found something cool, you can actually change the green border that is shown when you click an icon... ^_^

Level 30

WE DID IT! <3

I would NEVER do that without your help! I managed to edit the texture PurgeandFire111 had shown to me, along with the model Adiktuz provided me! To make it work, import the two attached files in your map, and set their textures to:

war3mapImported\CoolDown UI.mdx

ENJOY! I LOVE YOU :**********
*euphoria*

Attachments

• CoolDown UI.mdx
    6.1 KB · Views: 202
  • cooldown.blp
    3.8 KB · Views: 185
Status
Not open for further replies.