• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding music to custom campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello friends!

I wonder how I could add music to my campaign maps without overloading them. I first tried the simple way and just imported the music files into every single map, but that caused that each map was about 15 MB ( :vw_wtf: ).
As a result, I could not play the maps by joining the game through the custom campaign screen (everytime I clicked on a button, the screen turned into black and returned to the campaign screen once again), although it was possible to play them, when I played them as custom games.
However, I removed the sound files and - surprise - the campaign worked again.

Is there any way to fix this or do I have to accept this?

I'm searching the internet for hours now to get a helpful answer but somehow it seems like I was the only person with this problem. :ogre_rage:

An answer would be too kind! :thumbs_up:

Good night

DM

Last edited:
Level 9
There's a way. You can import the sounds in the campaign's import manager, in the Campaign Editor.
Then, you can refer to the sounds when playing them by using their path, that should be something like "war3campImported\SOUND".
The bad point is that this method will not allow you to test the game with the sounds. You'll have to make the whole campaign and then test it in-game. So make sure you use this when you have really finished making the maps.

Regards

Level 3
Thank you very much! I'll try to do it this way, and let you know if it works. :) thanks again very much!

e: ok, I think I need a little example. lets say I wanted to replace the human 1 theme with another song (lets call it song1), I had to import this song into my campaign first. Where do I have to use the path "war3campImported\song1"? In the sound editor of the map or is there a menu in the campaign editor whicht allows me to integrate the song into a map?

e2: Ok, I found it out myself :D It was in the imported sounds folder of the map, because it is linked to my campaign in which the files are contained. but how do i replace the ordinary songs of the game with mine? i only managed to replace the victory and defeat theme by replacing them in the game interface but the themes that are played while playing cannot be changed this way. how do i do it?
cheers!

DM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.