• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Im modifing my fav map & I want to add a Naruto character/model.

I know this may sound stupide but I havent find any help from here or google so I chosen to ask.

I'm trying to add a model by opening the map then I go to IMPORT MANAGER. I import my files there, mdx and mdl and blp etc...

Then I go to OBJECT EDITOR and edit narutos character.

Theres ART - MODEL FILE section, there I add that models name, but when I start playing theres nothing, just a shadow.
When I look it with wc3 editor I see green box.

Wat am I doing wrong? :cry:

Level 7
You probably just have to remove the "war3mapImported/" from the name of the file in the Import Manager.

200th post :eek:

Level 1
Ive got the same problem with the "http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=49820&prev=c%3D15%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D8" model.

I do identically as the tutorial says... Bah! I even import the same model but without the "war3mapImported\" path. But after saving and reloading the whole editor its still just a green cube T_T

Yesterday I worked with a Arthas model, and it work'd fine. :F

PS: I used that wall model on a "destructable" object "Stone wall" or how was it, but when i checked on the unit... It worked fine lol

Level 10
Ok that model needs specific paths, like when author posts his model, he must post paths where they must be specified, some models dont need any paths to be specified, there are section like this on THW:

Paths
Import the skins to the following paths:
NagaDeathKnight.blp
Like that one, Authors give paths for .blps , couse .mdx dont need any paths to be specified...

Also alot models are Paths as Textures\model.blp , units\human\model.blp and more, so you must specify path what author gave on needed path specified models...

Then when you imported, specify its path what was given and then only restart WE (World Editor) and done...

Status
Not open for further replies.