• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Activision confirms Call of Duty 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're saying they could make alternate history WW2 games. That's fine, because it requires imagination.

The market is overflooded with historical WW2 games, with no fiction at all.

Also, a german campaign would be extremely insulting to certain people and pretty much not right, because they were basically invaders and what they fought for was just plain wrong.

Level 5
I've always had some interesting WW2 fiction stories in mind. Heres one in particular.

American Campaign: For my Country
Really basic "Save the world" patriotic campaign

German Campaign: Fork in the road
(please note the following story may be offensive to some people)
Now heres a more interesting story. You take the roll of a German whos just enrolled as a Nazi. Your ready to go to war. After a few battles you are forced to witness a horrible event. You are taken along the a prison camp holding jewish people prisoner. A family is about to be shot because it is seen as a crime to be jewish. The family is taken out onto a hill where they are to be shot one by one. Both parents are shot and there is just a daughter left. As she's about to be shot your character makes a split decision. He knocks over the executioner and then grabs the girl and runs. He could not let these innocent people die further and his goals have now changed. However saving the little girl he is now an outlaw and is now enemies with the Axis and Allies.

You could also have a Japanease and Marine campaign. Marine Campaign consists of Americans and Australians fighting the Japanease in the Pacific.

Level 35
That Fork in the road is an extreme idea. It's extremely offensive, but well...unique, I admit. I doubt that someone ever made something like that, especially when you have to kill jewish people. Reworking the plot a bit might help...you know, missing out the execution part and going renegate for other reasons, but yeah...unique storyline. More like a plot for a movie.

There are a lot of WWII pacific theater games, not as much as European ones, but there are many.

Last edited:
Level 4
the games's name is: Call of Duty World at War
but i don t think if it is a good idea of making another cod game based on the WWII...again...
it is true that the cod games had always been based on WWII...exept cod 4, and as we all know, cod 4 was a great success!
we ll see what kinda success this is gonna be...lol

Level 35
No idea, but they certainly aren't gonna change the era...

Damn it, either I'm stupid, or they dunno what business is. I think COD5 will be cool for let's say 2 weeks, then they'll realize that making a WWII shooter was a bad idea, seeing that more ppl play COD4 than COD5, they might switch back to modern warfare.

But even tough I love the idea, making another modern warfare game wouldn't be original either. But tell me, it is very difficult in these days to find a good and original setting in plot, both in games and movies.

Level 15
Yes but it gives more, how to say? Space.
Ok for me it would be enough if they just update the content constantly.
Just like the BF2142 and BF heroes.

Level 5
That Fork in the road is an extreme idea. It's extremely offensive, but well...unique, I admit. I doubt that someone ever made something like that, especially when you have to kill jewish people. Reworking the plot a bit might help...you know, missing out the execution part and going renegate for other reasons, but yeah...unique storyline. More like a plot for a movie.

There are a lot of WWII pacific theater games, not as much as European ones, but there are many.
Ok, what if though the little girl is meant to be shot first. You save the little girl and to help you the parents block the germans from following. The last thing the player hears before entering the nearby woods (in which he's running to for cover) is two gun shots.

Level 25
lol the game is not called COD5 than COD WW xP

Code:
From the remains of Russia and the ruins of Berlin, to the beach and 
jungles of the deadly Pacific Theater, the volatile action takes on added depth 
as players employ new features that previously were only-available in 
multiplayer, including perks, rankings and online stats in up-to full four-player 
cooperative gameplay. New infantry and vehicle-based weapons, like the 
potent flamethrower, bring the battlefield ablaze.

i like the flamethrower feature xP
haha and japanese swords :xxd:

Level 5
Graphics don't make a game. Also I look forward to the return of vehicles and the fact that they're making a proper Wii version :D

Level 5
Its pretty easy to screw up a WWIII storyline. Nothing I've ever read on a WWIII has been any good.

Also this game is still in early days of production. So of course the screen shots look crap.

Level 5
TREYARCH SUCKS holy crap theyre gonna screw over COD5, they made COD3, and guess what NO ONE PLAYS IT! People still actively play COD2, and COD4. Treyarch needs to get their game on. Not much will be new in this except a new campaign and SLIGHTLY better graphics... oh and a flamethrower. wowee! RENT IT DONT BUY!

Status
Not open for further replies.