• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Acid Spit problem (kills with one hit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Code:
Acid Spit
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Acid Spit 
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within ((Real((Agility of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 5.00) of (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Add a 30.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Warden - Shadow Strike (Picked unit)

Thats the trigger and this is the spell...
Code:
Shadow Strike
Decay Power-1.50
Decay Damage-5.00

And somehow, it kills instantly on hit, while i just want it to poison them...
Any help will be appreciated,
aark

Level 10
Well, this won't help really, but firstly, you should always use the event "unit starts the effect of an ability" for spells.
And then I remember I had this kill-bug once, too... but I think I didn't get it, too. Perhaps you could try to give the Dummy units poison arrows instead of shadow strike and just set their attack cooldown to a very high value? :?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Firstly your spell leaks a load of groups and a load of locations.

You did not tell us enough for example what damage intervil you set it to.
If it was 0.00 it would inflect enough damage to 1 hit kill the unit.
Also maybe you should check the unit hp you cast it appon.

If that doesnt work try using soul burn.
It has simlar effects.

Level 9
3 things:
The ability itself does not let you modify the interval
and i cast it on an Abomination, 1-hit killed it to..
and finally, i dont know much about how to fix leaks or what leaks are

ill try the soul burn thing

Level 2
Some Abilities cause problems if you set certain values to 0, like when you set a duration to 0 it will be an everlasting buff;) better set it to 0.01.
Maybe you set such a value to 0 but you also should make sure your dummy caster can´t attack (I had once one that could and he killed everything very quickly:S)

Level 9
Thanks for all the ideas, but Waldbar's was the only one that worked. There was no values set on 0.00, lowest was 0.01, so i assumed that it was a glitch.

Ive got abit of work left on the spell, but nothing major,
thanks for all the help,
Aark

Status
Not open for further replies.