• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Acid Bomb Ability question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm attempting to create a dummy unit to cast the ability 'Acid Bomb' on a structure. It returns "Can only target corpses"

Is there a way to get around this or another ability that can act as an armor reducer for a wall (Needs to be visible when you click the wall) Like showing Armor: 150(-25)

Level 29
I'm not sure if I understand correctly, you want the acid bomb to target buildings, is that right? If so, then you need to uncheck "Organic" classification and check "Structure" in Stats - Targets Allowed in the Object Editor.

Level 12
I'm not sure if I understand correctly, you want the acid bomb to target buildings, is that right? If so, then you need to uncheck "Organic" classification and check "Structure" in Stats - Targets Allowed in the Object Editor.

That was never checked. This is my trigger, and structure is checked.
  • Unholy infernal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Unholy presence ) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Yes
          • Unit - Remove Unholy presence buff from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Unholy Presence to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Alchemist - Acid Bomb (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Else - Actions
'Yes' runs, the dummy unit is created. Unholy Presence is based on Acid Bomb
Do you need it to be AoE? If Acid bomb doesn't work for some reason, try Fairy fire

Okay I'll look into that. Thanks guys.

Level 12
Do you need it to be AoE? If Acid bomb doesn't work for some reason, try Fairy fire

• Unholy infernal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Unholy presence ) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Yes
          • Unit - Remove Unholy presence buff from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Unholy reduction to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Faerie Fire (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Else - Actions
I used that instead with the target set as Structure and still nothing. My structure is classified as Mechanical though, and I don't have mechanical checked as one of the targets of Faery Fire, would that be it I guess?

Level 12
Possibly, looks like a targeting issue alright.

Edit: also, make sure the dummy has enough mana to cast the ability (if any) and is at range, but I guess you've already thought about that

So I made sure the ability can attack mechanical + structure. Also gave the ability 0 mana usage. But still having the same issue, doesn't seem to be casting on the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.