• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ability and Buff Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello, i have a quick question about about a Ability buff stack for example

i have 2 Spells Based on Acid Bomb
one reduce the Armor of the Target,
And the Other one does Periodic Damage...

if i do custom Buffs for both does it Stack on the Same Time?

Sorry for my Bad english and also im new Here dont Punish me :ogre_haosis:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
Try it out yourself, it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to test. But yes, most things do stack and I assume Acid Bomb will stack as well.

That being said a unit will have problems if you give it 2+ of the same ability (really it's the order id that's important). That problem can be avoided using Dummy units and triggered abilities.

Level 12
Thx Uncle yes of Course i Can Test ist myself but maybe there is a way to avoid it or something :)
No i think about two different Heros cuz i like Acid Bomb for different Effects on this ability and i was not sure all i found was the half of People Said it works the others Said its not stackable.. :)

Level 12
Yes buffs "stack", if they have different buffs set in the ability buff field. But if 2 players have the same hero and both use acid bomb that have the periodic damage, then they won't stack.

That being said, triggered damage is the ultimate solution if you wanna make everything stack. This can be achieved with Locals, Dymanic Indexing or Hashtables.

Same goes with Heal over time, armor buffs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.