• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] ability with selection circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Greetings,
I do not know how to describe that, the selection circle that when you are going to cast blizzard, there is a circle and tells you how large the area of affect is.
I would like to ask what spells can be a base ability for making custom trigger ability.
What I need is an ability that gives that circle which I can edit the size and the ability does not do anything. Blizzard would drop a piece of ice, inferno would spawn a minion etc. Thanks

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You can edit Blizzard to not do anything, remove the Effect and set the Shards to 0. Might want to set the Waves to 0 as well.

That being said, it's probably be better to use Silence and set the Targets Allowed to None and remove the Art - Effect.

Also, there's a Hero ability called Channel that's very customizable and made to be used with triggers. It has an Option called Targeting Image that you can enable/disable which displays that AoE ring/circle. It will also need at least 1 Area of Effect to display.

Status
Not open for further replies.