• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] A visible unit with no visible elements.

Level 11
Greetings!
I wonder how can I made a unit with no visible elements in order to put Brilliance Aura ability with few attachments (effects) on it in order to increase or decrease the scale of the visual effects of the attachments. I want to see just the attachments, not the unit.
The problem is.. If I put a default visible unit on hide(with triggers) or if I set the unit with no model, the attachments will also disappear..
Changing color is not good either because the unit and the attachments will also change the color and I don't want to see the unit.

I think the solution is "A visible unit with no visible elements".

I don't know how to use model editor so here I am asking for help. :peasant-bowing:

Can someone make a model for me with no visible elements? I need that model to put visible attachments on him. Then i can resize(increase or decrease) the model in order to resize the visual effects.

Edit: I think that unit must have a hitbox/selectbox in order to be selected in editor.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Level 39
I think that unit must have a hitbox/selectbox in order to be selected in editor.
You can drag-select around them if they're not clickable.

Level 11
Thank you. It works very good!

You can drag-select around them if they're not clickable.
I just found out that there is an option called "Editor - Use click Helper" in unit edit fields which can be use to select the unit.