• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Tiny Little Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
I'm doing a campaign called The Chosen Ones. I have been doing it for almost a year. Currently I'm remaking chapter 5 terrain and I want amodel that I cannot do myself.

As we all know, blizzard cliff sucks if you are going to do a great terrain. And I'm here to make a great terrain and now I have problem. I'm creating a mountain and a cave without using any blizzard cliff, but I want there to be a nice cave entrance(blizzard cave entrance sucks very hard).

38976d1222778391-mountains-tco-1.jpg

38977d1222778391-mountains-tco-2.jpg

38978d1222778391-mountains-tco-3.jpg

38979d1222778391-mountains-tco-4.jpg

As you see in the picture, I'm using doodads + raised terrain as walls. I want you to do a cave entrance model that fits to the picture I showed. Ask me anything about the project or the model I'm request, I will answer.

If you can do this, I will give you some REP in here, and credits at the campaign. Thanks beforehand.

Last edited:
Level 9
I will do it i think, but i need some information. do you want a cave entrance that is just an entrance and it warps you to the inside of the cave? or do you want me to make one that just looks like an entrance and is more like an archway to a thin rocky path (that looks like a cave)? However i was thinking it would look like this kind of cave
61381_400.jpg

Level 17
For now you could:

1) Use rocky archway and mass them a bit so you get a intrance.
- Once deep enough they will move instantly inside the cave (portal?).

2) Ofcourse it would look stupid to mass archways, in order to make it look good you should create some rocks without pathing, and placethem ontop of the archways to hide their uglyness.
- Just use the model of the spires u seem to use.

There is no need of a model, if you are creative you'll do just fine, and it would look better.
(I use the same stacking thing inside some of my projects where i give a doodad no pathing so i can 'stack' them xD.)

Hope this was usefull for you.
~Airandius

Level 37
Yeah... But still I think it would save a lot of time from people if someone could make this kind of model. It would be very handy for everyone. I still wait someone to do this.

Example I, will use this doodad in many places and I promise to give rep and credits to the one who can make this. It's not a bid deal, I think. If someone want, I can give more screenshots where else I will use this model.

Status
Not open for further replies.