• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

a simple converter prog request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I need a converting prog as simple as war3 file converter, no, even simpler that can convert a specific file type format to mdx. You know, its enough the prog to have a browse button for the 1st file type , a convert to .mdx button and thatconvertion to successfully work. Thats all. Those who can create simple programs, please tell me if you will agree to help me, i will pm you then and i will send you files of the 1st type.

Level 7
Thanks for trying to help but the program i ask for doesnt exist, im not talking about mdl-mdx. It can be created, i repeat a converter prog to mdx (with 1 option only to convert to mdx from another file type) but more info if someone agrees and as long as someone would say 'ok i will do 1 simple prog request and i will sacrifice some hours to do that for 1 person as i dont receive mass requests for progs and mass requests at all'.

Level 23
I don't think you quite understand the complexity of even getting a program to *understand* a file format, let alone convert it to something else. This is not a matter of a few hours; it is a matter of weeks and weeks of solid coding and testing and working. And it's something that is also beyond 99% of the Warcraft community.

Level 7
You just broke all my hopes to have such a prog :)

Seriously, i need that prog very much, i hope if there is 1 person from the whole community that can do it, to see this and agree. I dont give up easily but im just trying to get someone to make it, rdz...even if it is not hours but days. And why the war3 community not to be able to do it, mb im looking for those who created the tools and can do a similar prog and simpler than all those with many options , as i said only 1 option here.

Level 25
Look, the only people who are capable of doing this have long since left the community, or are unwilling to do it

What the oath is the filetype you want to transfer to for a start, that might actually help people

Level 7
I see, i will have to look for them in their own sites. Because what better to look for people who already know the 2nd type and have made such progs. You woudnt like to know the 1st type, it's not war3 file.

Level 7
The reason i posted another thread in the requests forum is i expected people from here who know how to make it, to help me. While the offtopic is for help from other places. More info and still not the most, there
http://wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?t=22099

this is for ppl who can help me here, users of wc3search,

and to these here: Just decide you can do it, you will create it but you need more info if i see 1 person agreeing to make a converter from the fily type to .mdx i will give you the exact file, yes i will send you as many file types of the 1st as u want. Its another model to mdx. Does this give you the idea? A prog converter from the model to .mdx model.

Level 7
Look guys i understood from the 1st time you wanted to know the 1st type, but i thought you wouldnt like it ok here it is:

Thanks for the table, but the 1st file is not here, it is empire earth 1 model .cem format. And just wanted to say that ->the offical site<- has a proggram that decompresses the main file .dat to sounds, models and skins and the idea is if ppl want to reskin etc to use this prog as modelling for this game also exists. But the prog cannot work with models only with skins to .tga . The creators were too busy making Empire earth 2 so they kinda missed to take care of the working on models. Not to say if we think about those who model in EE they will never be able to use their own models in EE as there isnt a prog for that either. But you got my idea.

Level 7
Ignore the post above.

Would someone like to create this program ? Please i need it very much VERY much, ive been looking for weeks to have help, PM me, we will discuss it on private if someone wants, i need it very much. You will have the opportunity fpr very cool models for your

Prehistoric
Middle Ages
imperialism
WW1,2
Future
:)~_~:)
Just agree to make it and we wil be happy, PM me if you will do the prog.

Status
Not open for further replies.