• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A question on importing files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I know that there are some ways of getting your customized models into a map. One is modifying wc3 default MPQs, but that only works for people that have the modified MPQ, another one is importing an infinite number of single files using the import editor.
I was wondering if there is any way for importing the files packed in a nice ordered file, something like a library, so, for example, you can import files for every unit, with it's respective buttons, animations, models, etc.
Is this possible??

I know that there are some ways of getting your customized models into a map. One is modifying wc3 default MPQs, but that only works for people that have the modified MPQ, another one is importing an infinite number of single files using the import editor.
I was wondering if there is any way for importing the files packed in a nice ordered file, something like a library, so, for example, you can import files for every unit, with it's respective buttons, animations, models, etc.
Is this possible??

You mean putting all files into something like a zip file then import it? you could import a zip file but it won't work....

I always uploaded individual files, but you can import all files inside a folder simultaneously using "Import Files" command in the Import manager...

Level 4
But I mean that what you import actually show like one file on the world editor.
If the importing folder process shows just the folder on the WE, then it's OK, but because that's not what happens, then it's not what i'm looking for. I want to import a file that is like some kind of library (you've got all the files packed up and you can access the important info)

Level 6
i think its impossible, because wc3 is not made that way. Even it is possible, i don't know how to make it. Importing .zip obviously doesn't work, maybe there is a tool that packs up files into a library? Ill try to google it

Level 15
Is this possible??

No..

Status
Not open for further replies.