• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A lesson in triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys i am free to give backround info for triggers cause i sorta am a noob only been doing the junk for like a few months now i would also like it if someone could give me a few lesons. And no i'm not paying a BILLION bucks for a leson so dont as for money. Hey guys remember u always can learn more!
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Secret Assasin54321

Level 16
Same as asking, "how do I define the word the." You are not asking specifically what needs to be triggered, but I'll give you some tips:
1: NEVER use more than one Map Initialization trigger. I've seen countless stupid maps have like 7 init triggers for random things, like one for "Credits go to" and one that spawns
2: When using Circles of Power for warp points, or hero selection, screw regions. Same for things like Team Survival. Create dummy units to spawn at that position, and for selection/warp, use the "Unit within Range" function
3: Unless it's a tut map, don't put commentaries
4: Try to stick to set units in game, because custom unit cause time, and data to have. For example, in my current project, Fall of Teroth, the units are based off orc and human units for simplicity.
5: When done with your map (dare I say it), use H****Locker to compress, and maybe protect. I wouldn't protect it, but compress, yes

Level 3
most of us just learned by fooling around with triggers and see what comes out. also AN IDEA mostly comes in handy instead of a worthless ripoff of something. if you dont know how to do something open up someone else his map ( if it is protected just ask the author for an unprotected map ) and look how they do it

also their is something called tutorials... you would have found a whole section of em if you would have chosen the directory above this directory

one more thing asking money for help with triggers?? WTF what weirdo would do that??

Level 9
Metabee said:
hOW CAN i not use so many map ini, what can i replace 'em with?

you can have only one map initialisation trigger.
Copy and paste every action from the other map initialisation triggers to one.

If you're using conditions, use the action: "If/then/else".

If you don't do this, it will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.