• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A Desolate Winter ( TDHX )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Here is a screenie of a winter night...

using the UTM.

I think it could be better.

any helpful pointers?

EDit : added the edited one ( the right )

I will continue to improve this until its epicish.

Attachments

• A Desolate Winter.jpg
    A Desolate Winter.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 720
  • A Desolate Winter ( EDIT ).jpg
    A Desolate Winter ( EDIT ).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
Level 36
The foreground seems too cluttered for winter and all the stuff seems too randomly placed as if it's a junkyard of environmental and structural doodads. I mean, it's ok, but the blocks and yellow skeletons don't seem to fit with this kind of terrain, maybe it would go better with winter. Try switching the tileset of this terrain! :D

Also, the midground could use some kind of interest, either that or just put fog in it to create a nice artistic effect.

The background is very nice though, I must say that, but winter clouds tend to be a little more wispy.

Oh, and one more thing, the moon isn't blue! It's gray and white :p Try using the moon from the Rexxar campaign screen.

Level 34
The mountains look like teeth on a comb. They are all identical, you should vary them a lot more. I like how you put them at different distances though.

Level 18
bumpp--

here is the edited one... does it look better?

i added some kind of fog in the mid ground, and added a tent with lighting, give it a little interest : /

i changed the mountains a little bit. but not by much. i also changed the clouds.

i got rid of the stuff in the foreground too.

i will add a different style of sky, like maybe a interface sky ( right now its the orb of lighnings, levitateing in a felwood sky.)

Edit : thnx for the feedback gilles, raid, and void.

Attachments

• A Desolate Winter (edited).jpg
    A Desolate Winter (edited).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 292
Level 36
Might want to put trees on the mountains all except for the very tops which you should leave white. Would make a nice effect. Also might want to make the fog start a little closer to the camera. And you can, by the way, have it start at negative values... which is always quite fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.