• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.33 Campaign Does anyone have it as a custom campaign

Level 2
Hello all!

Apologies for the trouble but I was curious if anyone had the old 1.33 campaign ? I know Kam was planning to release it but I haven't seen any update of it so curious if anyone else had it or was planning to release it ?

I loved playing it and would really enjoy playing hard mode 1.33

My external backup HDD has a copy of the English versions of:
  • 1.34.0.??
  • 1.35.0.??
  • 1.36.0.??
However I might only have one copy of this so they could easily succumb to bit rot. Also, I never personally played the 1.33 campaign so I don't know if it's good.

In any case, it is conceivable that I could restore the 1.33 from these backups for example if Kam keels over from an unexpected heart attack tomorrow, but generally I'm inclined to leave it to someone else to make the custom campaigns like you're saying. At the moment I'm preparing for a new life style where I don't use Microsoft Windows and don't keep my Reforged up to date, and instead play the emulator of Warcraft III that runs without Activision software that I spent the last few years writing. So, accordingly, I make no promise of keeping these old patches backed up forever. I simply created a habit circa 1.29 of copying my Warcraft III folder before doing any update every since I lost 1.28 with no backup of it and subsequently realized that 1.29 included many regressions versus 1.28 and that I could no longer trust Activision to maintain that the newest version was always the all-encompassing best. And so I have a copy of 1.29 and 1.30 and 1.31 and 1.32.0 and 1.32.1 and 1.32.2 and 1.32.3 and 1.32.5 and 1.32.6 and 1.32.7 and 1.32.8 and 1.32.9 and 1.32.10 and 1.33 and 1.34 and 1.35 and 1.36.0 and 1.36.1 even now when I was using hundreds or maybe thousands of gigabytes on this nonsense. Because I tried to be fairly consistent with this habit. But I could step on the backup HDD tomorrow and crush it all and that would be the end of it. It's an external drive attached to my PC with USB that I literally bought at Best Buy at some point, just average consumer piece of junk.

Please post back here and let everyone know if you get access to a custom campaign of this! Would mean I have less reason to save old backups, etc.

Last edited: