• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

♣ Cannabis my Wannabis ♣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Before you continue reading this thread:
1: I am not trying to make anyone smoke cannabis by the content of my text.
2: Whatever you do after you read this is up to you! I do not take any responsibility for your actions.
3: Cannabis is illegal in most countries, if it is in yours, then smoke at own risk!

I would like to ask any moderator who reads this to move it to the right section (since I obviously posted in the wrong forum).
Thanks!

This topic is a discussion topic with information about cannabis.
-----------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q
Currently empty

-----------------------------------------------------

Information about cannabis.
Cannabis is a herb that grows in warm countries on fields. Most of those fields have been burnt down by governments due to the laws.
Marijuana is a sort of cannabis, just like hash is. People smoke cannabis to get "high", some do it to contact the spirit world.

Now, I know most of you people think, "Cannabis is sh!t and should be illegal all over the world!". Well if you think so, why don't we make alcohol illegal as-well?

People die all the time due to drinking to much. They steal, they kill people, they take suicide, they get depressive, lonely, loses they're family and so much more!

NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE(!!!) has ever died by the cause of cannabis. Sure there is a lot of illegal activities to get cannabis but if it was legal, all of those activities would end! If there was a "Cannabis Shop" just like a "Liqueur Shop", people would not need to use violence to get weed.

So, why can't people just let go of the cannabis? Why can't people just stop smoking it?
Cannabis was first discovered by the Asians back in year 900. They used the cannabis as a medicine (it makes you calm and if you are hurt (physically) the cannabis herb will ease your pain). So, whenever a soldier was hurt, they smoked cannabis so that they would not feel the pain. They also smoked if people was close to death (since it calmed them down and they're worries vanished). People started smoking more and more to get that "high" feeling. The cannabis spread all over the world and 1900 the laws to forbid cannabis started coming. But that's 1000 years of smoking... If men once were monkeys and evolution made us into humans, then 1000 years of smoking probably changes us too? We got used to smoking and then when we can't anymore, we started doing all we would to get our hands on the cannabis. So no, people will probably NEVER stop smoking cannabis, and why should they?

There is of course some things with cannabis (as with all medicines) some bad parts.
1: You lose brain cells and your memory get worse.
2: You can very easily be depending to it and have a hard time stop smoking.

Other than that, there is not very much to worry about when smoking weed.

Now let's start the discussions.

The topic is as we all know, "Cannabis" and "Cannabis vs other drugs (including alcoholic)"

What do you think of cannabis? Is more dangerous than other drugs?

Remember: You should not tell if you are smoking cannabis or not.

Last edited:
Level 17
Isnt this another offtopic thing?
If its a dicussion should really belong in the Offtopic part of the forumns.

Also im afraid to say your facts are wrong. Even if cannabis cannot directly cause death because the dosage to get high is 1/5000 of that to posion you. When you are high or in that kinda of state. You can end up self harming and maybe even getting yourself killed. I.e Walking of a 10 story skyscraper. Or drowning. Cannibis like most durgs affects your nevervous system which screws up your senses while your high. Therefor like acohol it indirectly leads to deaths.
Acohol is legal because it was already commonly used. it should be illegal but its not.
Smoking is becoming illegal as it has already been proved to be worse that most drugs.
Cannabis Is illegal because it can cause harm like strong dosages of acohol but in smaller amounts.
I highly doubt that it should be legallised, as if everyone regulary used cannabis, as often as they drink. Then nothing would ever get done and lots of injuries could occur. Especially in citys and industrialised enviroments with harmful equipment around.
It is correctly placed as a class C drug because it is not as bad as other drugs. but it is still dangerous

Futhermore Because are Government failed with Acohol and Full Anti smoking enforcements. Doesn't mean cannabis should be allowed. Otherwise we might as well allow Magic mushrooms, Cocaine and the sort. Because it has been proven that Tobacco is one of the most addictive substance on earth. Sorry but i will not tollerate nor support such stupidity

Level 4
IF this is the wrong bord then I am really sorry and I hope a mod will move it.

@Brambleclaw
Did you know that you have to smoke 5kilos of cocaine in less that 15 minutes (imposable) to get a overdoes? Cannabis (marijuana and hash) does not cause the same effects and cocaine and other drugs. Cannabis makes u calm and "funny", you would never even get the idea of jumping of a high building...
But still, thanks for the comment and if you think im wrong, argue :)

NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE(!!!) has ever died by the cause of cannabis. Sure there is a lot of illegal activities to get cannabis but if it was legal, all of those activities would end! If there was a "Cannabis Shop" just like a "Liqueur Shop", people would not need to use violence to get weed.

If you're going to make the connection between Liquor, you may want to change this.
Just as people have died in car accidents while drunk, I'm quite sure there's someone who's done the same with cannabis - that's actually a very biased statement and disqualifies a bit of your argument. Heck, people have even died from water "overdose." Liquor is legal, yet people still use violence to get money to pay for it too, so it's not like that arguments completely perfect -though it would be notable the decrease in weed related violence in obtaining the substance, that I do have to give to you.

As for my own opinions on it, I'm pretty neutral. I myself would never smoke cannabis in the same way that I would never drink alcohol, or any other drug for that matter. Pointless altercation of your own brain chemistry is bound to get bad results sooner or later, be it a bad side effect of the substance or an action you commit under the influence of the substance.

Level 4
Very nice Werewolf :) But what I meant is that no one has ever died because of the cannabis (as u can get by alcohol by damaging you inner body). Of course people has died with cannabis in the picture, as with any other narcotics.

I like that you shared your own opinion about cannabis and I respect that you don't do either that or alcohol :)
+rep for that my friend.

Level 17
IF this is the wrong bord then I am really sorry and I hope a mod will move it.

@Brambleclaw
Did you know that you have to smoke 5kilos of cocaine in less that 15 minutes (imposable) to get a overdoes? Cannabis (marijuana and hash) does not cause the same effects and cocaine and other drugs. Cannabis makes u calm and "funny", you would never even get the idea of jumping of a high building...
But still, thanks for the comment and if you think im wrong, argue :)

Did you know that Adrenaline is the strongest drug known to man. And if your adrenaline is too high your going to take more risks. Therefore your going to get your self killed. Obviously if you smoke cannabis yourself your view is clouded. All Drugs even medical once which can cause side effects to your natural brain patterns or to your central nervous system can cause irrational or odd behaviour. Therefore this behaviour can yes make you walk of buildings without knowing or unwilling do stuff you would never normally do. How many drunk people walk into cars without realising its there. How many cannabis users walk of a building without realising there going to die. If there "Relaxes" about everything there common sense of safety and logic does not apply and they never thing of the consequences. And i am afraid to tell you that drugs do not make you funny. You either learn to be funny or are naturally funny there are no short cuts drugs offer no help. Probably you think your funny cause your high and laugth even at a stupid joke. Like laugthing gas say.!

Note This whole Thread seems irrelevant ill based and the dicussion on this has been ragin for years. This seems more like Trollbait asking for flamers than anything else

Level 4
I see your point :)
But I have never heard of anyone walking of buildings because they smoked some spliffs. But yes, since cannabis makes your mind slower etc, people can walk into cars without reacting. But what I mean with when I say cannabis should be legal is for use in special sections. Like smoking, you are only allowed to smoke outdoors (in Sweden atleast), cannabis (and any other drug for that matter) should be legal to be used at own risk while you are at your home or a guarded location.

I'm not sure how that would work but I hope you understand my point :)

Level 17
I see your point :)
But I have never heard of anyone walking of buildings because they smoked some spliffs. But yes, since cannabis makes your mind slower etc, people can walk into cars without reacting. But what I mean with when I say cannabis should be legal is for use in special sections. Like smoking, you are only allowed to smoke outdoors (in Sweden atleast), cannabis (and any other drug for that matter) should be legal to be used at own risk while you are at your home or a guarded location.

I'm not sure how that would work but I hope you understand my point :)

1. Just becuase you havnt heard of it doesnt mean it hasnt happened. Thing of the billions of people you havnt met.
2. Legal in special section that doesnt work, because there are affects after usage not while usage. Smoking is purely while using. You dont keep the high after it just takes time to wear of. While cannabis wont wear of it could take maybe a hour - few hours to wear of. Do you honestly think thats advisable.
3. Time is money spliffs demand to much time in now days world.
4. what about 2nd hand smoking. Say if i have a child, will i allow the child to 2n hand smoke the cannabis because im addicted.
5. Smoking is slow becoming banned it is already anti social not long before it is totally banned. I believe cannabis being allowed doesnt help this. Two wrongs don't make a right. So just because one is allowed shouldnt mean another should be allowed.
At own risk that is totally putting the control of this substance into the majority which is stupid. Majorities can't look after themselves or realise they are using it in a safe place.
6. Makes people outa pocket more people will try cannabis cause its legal meaning more poorer people and more robbery for money for cannabis

Level 4
But I just don't get it, let people have they're free will!
Who have the power to rule over other humans? Who can really say what's wright and what's wrong?
Did not God make these type of herbs for a purpose? Just like he made water for a purpose? I just don't understand what man has the power to remove the free will.

If people want to smoke cigarettes, fine let them, but also let them take the consequences. If you drive a car and kill someone because you are tired, you get a long time in jail (maybe even lifetime). If you shoot someone, you get lifetime (in some parts of the world they follow the "an eye for an eye" and kill murderers).
Why not make a law like this for cannabis as well? If someone is high on cannabis and do something wrong, let them take the punishment. But if people can behave, let them smoke :O
Just like alcohol, if you are to drunk and might hurt someone, the police will put you in jail. Why not the same principle with cannabis?
That's what I don't understand.

Level 4
So what? It don't matter how old it is or whatever, it still does more damage to people than cannabis does :O

I believe cannabis is way older than alcohol anyways, IT'S A PLANT! It has been right here with us forever! As I said before, Cannabis was made on the earth, it's a herb made by God (or whatever your beliefs are). Alcohol was not. I have nothing against alcohol it self, but I hate the fact that a more dangerous drug is legal.

And what about the Rhasta religion? They smoke to get in touch with the spirit world (meditation). Jehovah's Witnesses (form now on called 'JW') talk to people by knocking on they're door. Most people HATE when the JW start talking about what they belive etcetera but it's still legal aint it?

However, the Rhasta religion are not allowed in most countrys because of they're way to praise they're God. Then why not forbid jews, muslims, JW, and all other religions way of praising they're God?

Level 17
But I just don't get it, let people have they're free will!
Who have the power to rule over other humans? Who can really say what's wright and what's wrong?
Did not God make these type of herbs for a purpose? Just like he made water for a purpose? I just don't understand what man has the power to remove the free will.

If people want to smoke cigarettes, fine let them, but also let them take the consequences. If you drive a car and kill someone because you are tired, you get a long time in jail (maybe even lifetime). If you shoot someone, you get lifetime (in some parts of the world they follow the "an eye for an eye" and kill murderers).
Why not make a law like this for cannabis as well? If someone is high on cannabis and do something wrong, let them take the punishment. But if people can behave, let them smoke :O
Just like alcohol, if you are to drunk and might hurt someone, the police will put you in jail. Why not the same principle with cannabis?
That's what I don't understand.

There is already a post about Why are there rules in the offtopic section i believe.
Anyway if that is true according to your theology if i want to shoot somone then let me Ill pay the consequences. IN this case then we all could go round shooting the hell out of each other with shotguns. And looting raping and pillaging. That statement is invalidated as it is not a justifiable argument

1) Because alcohol has much longer been embedded at a large used basis (important here) in Western culture, people just don't question why it's legal much. It's even often vilicized in the culture, just watch any stand-up act about alcohol - it's never positive towards it, or if it is it's always bittersweet in nature - it's not like anything positive has ever followed "one time I got tanked and...."

-A note: I'm not trying to bash alcohol either. I understand some people use it because they like how it calms them down/helps them relax/etc. I'm not trying to say everyone drinks it to get completely smashed.

2) Alcohol occurs through natural processes too, sure it takes more work to get something "good" then something made by very simple procedures, but fermenting things into alcohol is a naturally occurring process, much like a plant growing.
-Also note that many things grow naturally that are very dangerous, sure a poison arrow frog occurs naturally but I wouldn't suggest touching one.

Smoking a plant isn't a very natural process either, smoking things in general is a human invention (of course there's other ways to get plants into you though).

Really I just find the "it's just a plant" argument many weed users use very shallow.

3) Ritual Sacrifice is a way to praise your deity in some religions, doesn't mean it should be legal. The reality is that even using religion as a motive in your actions you're still going to run into constrains, or else people could just invent things like a religion to justify rape. Of course the laws concerning this sort of thing are also based off social acceptance, thus you run into the whole alcohol has been a mainstream thing in western culture much longer.

Level 4
There is already a post about Why are there rules in the offtopic section i believe.
Anyway if that is true according to your theology if i want to shoot somone then let me Ill pay the consequences. IN this case then we all could go round shooting the hell out of each other with shotguns. And looting raping and pillaging. That statement is invalidated as it is not a justifiable argument

Don't overreact mate. I just meant that IF you buy a gun and shoot someone, you will spend time in jail as a punishment no matter if you are drunk or high or whatever. What I meant is that let people do whatever drugs they want to at they're own cost (or well, not any drug, only drugs the mother nature has made for us).

1) Because alcohol has much longer been embedded at a large used basis (important here) in Western culture, people just don't question why it's legal much. It's even often vilicized in the culture, just watch any stand-up act about alcohol - it's never positive towards it, or if it is it's always bittersweet in nature - it's not like anything positive has ever followed "one time I got tanked and...."

-A note: I'm not trying to bash alcohol either. I understand some people use it because they like how it calms them down/helps them relax/etc. I'm not trying to say everyone drinks it to get completely smashed.

2) Alcohol occurs through natural processes too, sure it takes more work to get something "good" then something made by very simple procedures, but fermenting things into alcohol is a naturally occurring process, much like a plant growing.
-Also note that many things grow naturally that are very dangerous, sure a poison arrow frog occurs naturally but I wouldn't suggest touching one.

Smoking a plant isn't a very natural process either, smoking things in general is a human invention (of course there's other ways to get plants into you though).

Really I just find the "it's just a plant" argument many weed users use very shallow.

3) Ritual Sacrifice is a way to praise your deity in some religions, doesn't mean it should be legal. The reality is that even using religion as a motive in your actions you're still going to run into constrains, or else people could just invent things like a religion to justify rape. Of course the laws concerning this sort of thing are also based off social acceptance, thus you run into the whole alcohol has been a mainstream thing in western culture much longer.

What I meant by the religion thing, is that people have they're ways to praise they're God. As long as they don't harm other people then fine, let them do it! If they believe that is the way to salvation then why not?

I just still don't understand what people think is so dangerous about Cannabis :O

What I meant by the religion thing, is that people have they're ways to praise they're God. As long as they don't harm other people then fine, let them do it! If they believe that is the way to salvation then why not?

I myself don't really see a problem with it, other people do weirder things for different religions. I'm just explaining why it is, not why it should/shouldn't be.

Level 17
Don't overreact mate. I just meant that IF you buy a gun and shoot someone, you will spend time in jail as a punishment no matter if you are drunk or high or whatever. What I meant is that let people do whatever drugs they want to at they're own cost (or well, not any drug, only drugs the mother nature has made for us)

All drugs are made by mother nature. Even man made ones come from products given to us by mother nature. People alraedy do Drugs at there own cost/risk that is a Prison sentance.

If people were left to there own devices there would probably kill them selves. We have rules so we can keep people safe not to supress them.
Drugs are pointless waste of time for everyone they give false effects of relaxation and cause double as many stresses in ones life. All drugs acohol medical, etc cause more problem than solutions, or are never a proper solution

Level 7
I, honestly am also neutral. Have never had a drink of alchohol, and have never done any illegal drugs or overdosed on the medical ones. I do think that legalizing this stuff would bring a lot of problems to an end, but it could also cause problems such as protests and maybe boycotts.

legalizing this stuff would bring a lot of problems to an end, but it could also cause problems such as protests and maybe boycotts.

Why would you boycott something you had no intentions of buying anyway?
And if a company of some sorts pissed people off enough to be boycotted, they deserve the oblivion to their business.

Level 5
Drugs are pointless waste of time for everyone they give false effects of relaxation and cause double as many stresses in ones life.

You could say the same of religion. Why don't I see you arguing for its prohibition?

Perhaps you should ask yourself... how many heretics have stoners burned at the stake for the Greater Glory of Ganja? How many children died in the Chronic Crusades? How many innocent people have the Ayatollahs ordered mercilessly stoned with nugget after nugget of Sour Diesel? What strain of killer bud motivates Israel to build illegal settlements in Palestine? Were the terror attacks in New York, Mumbai, and London the work of Phish fans?

All drugs acohol medical, etc cause more problem than solutions, or are never a proper solution

Thank you, Dr. Brambleclaw, for your wonderful insight. Until you mentinoed it, I never realized that antibiotics and caused so many problems...

Level 17
Firstly the Chronical Crusades were not religion They were using religion as an excuse, and most times where people have murdered and called it religion they have done it falsy because they are mad ( "DO NOT YOU THE LORDS NAME IN VAIN") The crusades broke this so therefore was not a truly religious expedition. IM not sure about ganja. Also many medicines do have horrendous side effects
I.e Callpol (May cause VIolent dirrohea
Also did you know that Morphine comes from the same plant has heroine.

Most medicines can cause problems such that you may have to take another medicine to fix it. Taking pills for that reason is not advised unless necersary.

There are true religions and there are the old religions which are more cults than anything religious. Im afraid to say religion has saved more then it has harmed. This is a nother diccussion for another place.
As this is offtopic.

Also i am afraid to tell you Israel is corrupt It wars with the palestians because its stupid By waring it is breaking its faith therefore any jew who attacks another is no more Jewish than me or you (Unless your jewish).
Heretics are extremist all religions have extremist (These are the mentally insane/ Obsessed ones) As soon as they break there faifth they are not true believers. Religion has and always should be taken with a pinch of salt. The bible or any other religious scripture was never meant to be read word for word

Sorry but really thing before you post stupid comments, which not only are irrelvant, but are badly read up beforehand. Try thinking about what your going to say.

You could say the same of religion. Why don't I see you arguing for its prohibition?

Perhaps you should ask yourself... how many heretics have stoners burned at the stake for the Greater Glory of Ganja? How many children died in the Chronic Crusades? How many innocent people have the Ayatollahs ordered mercilessly stoned with nugget after nugget of Sour Diesel? What strain of killer bud motivates Israel to build illegal settlements in Palestine? Were the terror attacks in New York, Mumbai, and London the work of Phish fans?

Don't feed the troll, regardless of your opinion on religion the thread was meant to be a discussion on cannabis, the fact that he'd turn the conversation so quickly to something that causes even more flaming shows that he's simply trying to start a huge, pointless argument. I suggest you just move on, the thread seemed dead anyway.

Level 5
Don't feed the troll.

Woah, now, I wasn't even trying to troll. Okay, maybe a little.

I just felt the need to reply to one inane comment with another of equal inanity. Anyway, point taken - this isn't the forum for bickering about religion. We're here to talk about cannabis. I guarantee you that I would not have made such a snarky, sarcastic comment if I was high.

I do, however, stand by my reply to Brambleclaw's comment about medicines causing more problems than they solve. Only people who know nothing of medicine can honestly profess those sorts of views.

Level 17
Zathurusta then obviously you know little of medicines. Yes they can cure many illness but in the general perspective every medicine has its downside. I have already given you an example. This is true especially with Antibiotics. Every antibiotics which is used increases the chance of creating a super bug> Which is immune. Thus making life harder. So because one person decided they wanted to get rid of say a small little bug (Bacterium) which has replicated in said persons body and started to kill there cells causing a fever. So they want to get rid of the effects. They take some Penicillin.
Say 95% of the Bacteria die leaving 5% who are naturally immune to penicillin due to a mutation. As there is variation (Theory of Evolution natural selection darwin, within a population there is variation) Spo this 5% begins to repopulate the body. And said person gets ill again. They pop another antibiotic. Generally this is why antibiotics are limited, because of issues like this. (MMR Super bug Created through the miss use of medicine), but even then Medicine has other bad effects. Say antidepressants, they can cause drowsyness, and many other symptons. Seriously go into your local chemist pick up some tablets and just look at all the side effects. Even Vaccines have side effects, but we can all agree Vaccines are much safer and are good, they are not medicines they are simply inate (Dead or cant harm the body) viruses thus stimulating our Natural Immune system (Our Best defense against a disease) Now seriously we shouldnt be creating medicine which simply destroys a bacteria. We should be creating Drugs to improve our body's natural immune system to deal with these said diseases (Although this is difficult)
In the long run although medicines have there benefits they have there down sides. I mean seriously just google it.

A few tips about medicine.
Pain killers do not cure a infection, they do not destroy pathogens they simply relieve the pain and get rid of most of the effects caused by the illness.

Humans Dont only use 10% of there brain this is a misconception. Its only that most of the brain doesn't respond obviously to electrical stimuli

Medicines are drugs and therefore affect the chemical processes within our brain. Therefore they can cause nausea, vomiting, mood changes, violent tempers, and can affect the brain mentally in a very bad way, (thus this can then lead to affecting the body pyschically), other side effects, our nosebleeds, skin irritation, insomania (Can lead to death from exahustion if taken to an extreme), some medicines can even turn your Pee red (I.e pyridium). even if these side effects still happen in a small percentage, there still there. Although overall medicine has a greater benefit they can also make things worse. Especially if you have to have more than one medicine.
Heres a site with information if you want to read about Anti depressant medication, and its side effects. It even can effect your Dreams !!! (Thus it inteferes with your learning process.
http://www.drugs.com/sfx/prozac-side-effects.html

Level 5
Zathurusta then obviously you know little of medicines. Yes they can cure many illness but in the general perspective every medicine has its downside. I have already given you an example. This is true especially with Antibiotics. Every antibiotics which is used increases the chance of creating a super bug> Which is immune. Thus making life harder.

The evolution of resistance is a predictable consequence of any sort of antimicrobial therapy. The vast majority of "superbugs" are nothing more than ordinary pathogens that have evolved resistance to the antibiotics commonly used to treat their susceptible counterparts. They are no more virulent, just more difficult to treat. You seem to forget that before the advent of antimicrobials, every bug was a "superbug".

MMR Super bug Created through the miss use of medicine... I mean seriously just google it.

I'm sure that in your 14 or so years of existence on this planet, you've read some quite riveting pieces of pseudoscientific drivel on whale.to or whatever crackpot site you choose to frequent. Once you have grown up a little and spent a few years doing research on microbial evolution, you might come to realize just how idiotic your last post actually was.

If you want to discuss a legitimate problem, let's start a thread about the lack of financial incentives for pharmaceutical companies to develop new antibiotics. Actually, I think I'll do that right now. It's a fascinating topic. I hope you won't debase it with more quackery.

Level 17
Firstly who cares about my age doesnt make any diffrence about my intelligence (Im not 14 years of existance its 15 jesus you cant even count)
"The evolution of resistance....Sueprbug"
Thats what i just said

Also the lack o fmoney incentives, are you crazy. Pharmacutical companys make billions out of drugs and medicines which don't even help you. Your depressed you take an anti-depressant No you learn how to not be a grump and have fun (If you have a mental problem which causes Depressioin than you should just take theorpy and nothing else)

Tbh i have not been reading drivel, i have been reading facts. And you have not even pointed out how it is drivel so you have no basis to an argument. I could say anything is drivel doesnt mean it is though. Maybe if you back up your arguments with evidence then you might actually get something through here.

(Anyway this is totally of topic sorry all)

When people take about how medicine doesn't help you, they often seem to get pre-occupied with mental drugs. What about other drugs that do a wealth of good for you, like anti-biotics (yeah yeah yeah superbug, it'd be nice to not have to die of an infection though - these become a danger when they're abused, like when people use hand sanitizer excessively), pain-killers and the sort which make surgery not living hell to go through or let you live with a normally horrendously painful disease like glaucoma, and preventative vaccines that increase the percentage of babies surviving to adulthood above a level that makes you pretty much plan on having at least 1 baby dying on you.

Level 17
Yeh see what you mea Wolf but theys till have side effects, maybe not as bad but they are nuisciance. Oh well might as well say the best medicine you could have is good exercise and a healthy diet (Doesn't mean for exercise you do weights or running) Best exercise proven by docters is Swimming its one of the only exercises which doesnt strain your muscles while building them. While weight lifting and running etc put strain on your muscles which cause provlem in later life)
At least if your immune system is good then your defense is good. Maybe sometime they might discover a pill without side effects, which cures all disease.

Vaccines do a world of good there great, but there not drugs nor are they medicine they are just the inate part of a virus injected into your body to stimulate the body so that it produces the right anti-body, making the body immune

Level 5
• Alcohol is legal out of tradition. Before cheap and effective purification methods were invented, water was often tainted (hello dysentery), and people drank alcoholic beverages because alcohol is naturally anti-pathogenic.

• Restrictions on alcohol are frustrating to chemists. Labs often call for 100% ethyl alcohol, and it's nearly impossible to obtain.

• Alcohol is perfectly fine when drank in moderation. It is alcohol abuse--that is, using alcohol to get drunk--that causes issues, whether they comes in the form of cirrhosis, auto accidents, or family problems.

• Using any recreational drug is abusing it, as people only use recreational drugs to get high.

• Recreational drugs are expensive.

• The opportunity cost of buying a drug that entertains you once is buying something that entertains you indefinitely.

• Recreational drugs sabotage your reward center, making it so that the only pleasure you receive comes from the drug.

• If you have to introduce chemicals into your brain to obtain artificial pleasure, maybe it's a sign that you need to find more natural pleasures in your life. (Don't argue that marijuana is natural and so is the pleasure you get from it; pleasure that you receive naturally you get from your body's reward center doing its own thing, whereas pleasure you get from drugs comes from forcing your reward center to spam you with pleasure.)

• If you do cocaine, you are a complete and total idiot, because it destroys (and enlarges) your heart. Any time a hospital gets a 20- or 30-year-old with chest pain, the first thing they do is a drug test, looking for cocaine. I'm not kidding.

• @medicine: all drugs can have positive and negative effects. We use them medically when a person's situation makes the positives greatly outweigh the negatives.

Final note: I don't care what you do in secret when you're in your own home, behind closed doors (clue: don't tell me about it!). But if you do something that could be damaging to someone else, it becomes a problem. What happens when you get a girl/boyfriend, are married, or have children?

What difference does it make drinking alcohol "in moderation" to smoking a drug "in moderation?" Being "drunk" just seems like another word for getting "high" on alcohol, both have similar effects to your mental state.

In my opinion alcohol is little different then drugs like cannabis, it just has a larger acceptance and thus isn't illegal. I'd rather do none of them.

Level 5
A lot of people who drink alcohol don't drink it to get drunk. There is no user of marijuana or cocaine who does not use to get high.

Level 17
NO actually drinking doesnt affect your mental state at all (long term effects) unless abused. If you have 10 Mg a hour of acohol so (1000 ping of 1.0% acohol or somin) Then you can filter out the posion before it has any lasting damage. :p Drugs arnt like that. If you want to get partially high or have any effect you have to take enougth to get high. With acohol you dont you can get relaxed from 10 mg just as you can from 20 mg.
10 mg = 1 unit. 3 units is over the limit

Level 5
Alcohol is the agent in NyQuil that causes you to become drowsy. I don't think it's ever altered anyone's mental state beyond making them sleepy. The issue is that alcohol is too easy to abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.