• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Role Playing Game] ★ Shadows of the Past ★

Status
Not open for further replies.
FU I finished them early this morning, well my buddy did actually :)
But here take some rep for devotion :ahug:
(sorry once again, progress go insane fast now when I finished with exams xD)

Btw guys, now when is ability pick system finished, hero pick system finished, I can start working on houses...

Hey should I make places like, house, town hall, prison and so on or just place units in world (markets and so on)?

I don't care I like both ideas ^^

:xxd:

Btw what you think about our version :)

EDIT:

Ok I attached image to 1st page, you can see ability system ingame :)
There are 4 abilities so far, common ones, not special, and 2 highlighted are learned by hero and available for use.
I will edit system later after demo version so player won't be able to change abilities if he was for example attacked in last 10 seconds.
Also Current system don't use ability levels...

But don't worry, now when I have main part done, all else is simple 1 hour work...

Btw I know that will you like this:
When I upload finished version (at least 3 classes for play).
I will upload unprotected demo version as well...

That's another reason why I don't finish all my systems right now :)

Oh small note, I needed to edit thread because it was already epic coded with BB Codes so I needed to manually refresh page once when I click on edit/save button :sad:

Another one, I requested hosted project forum, here on hive (few days ago)...
I hope that will admins decide soon what to do (or until Ralle find some time to check it)...
What you think bout it :)

icons_671_btn.jpg
Shadows of the Past
Shadows of the Past After the Great Wars ended, a time of peace and prosperity reigned the land for two thousand years. The great heroes of old were forgotten, and ancient cities and forts were abandoned. However, it would seem that evil wasn't ready to be defeated just yet and so, Darkness is making its move once again! Fear and insanity produced by it has started taking a toll upon all living creatures of the land; animals went on a rampage, heartlands are in chaos, and with the Light faded away from people's hearts, will there be anyone to stand up to the Darkness once again...?
Sub Forums:
icons_1204_btn.jpg
Archive
Here you can find credits list, resources shown in other threads/posts and a few more useful threads/posts that needed to be saved but removed from other sub forums.
icons_1119_btn.jpg
Map Info
If you want to know more about items, abilities, where to find rate treasures, and more about creeps; this is the place to look.
icons_1280_btn.jpg
Project Development & Idea Factory
A place where you can see the current progress of the map, newest information about the project, as well as a place to post your ideas.
icons_1472_btn.jpg
Scenery
Here you can check out awesome terrain pictures, gameplay screenshots and cool SotP wallpapers.

EDIT 2:

Instead of simple command why not to add some borders ↓
SS1.jpg

I didn't finished it jet but I think that you get point!
Errors here:
Luck for example can't be leveled.

Will add few more options!
Also hero will receive special points (lumber) and use it to upgrade skills above.
Maybe will some cost more lumber (2 or 3) maybe no... Will see...

Region max level show until which level hero can kill and earn experience in that region :)
There will be few more cool things in this map...

So far 2 commands:

-stats
-skills

also those 2 main commands player can call trough Dialog buttons if he press ESC key!
Yes that's right, you can click on ESC and dialog buttons will be shown on screen so you can easily pick options above!
Made for those who don't like to use keyboard 2 much ♥

There will be few other useful commands as well but I won't bother with them for DEMO version!

Once when I finish triggering for this stats system, I will finish alchemist specialty (just few potions and recipes), and smith specialty!

If everything goes well, this can be uploaded this weekend :)

Last edited:
Thank you all :thumbs_up:

I want your hero pick system, and the stats and shit, for Mine and Infinates RPG
Sorry I can't show triggers right now, I hope that you understand...
I worked so far around 10 hours to create hero pick, ability show and stats show systems...

Triggers are leakless 99% but not really optimized, I need for example around 50 trigger actions for each new spell :sad:

Ofc systems will be improved later, but as I wrote above, once when I made some huge progress this demo version with systems like this will be available for you :)
I will even create tutorial or system how to create them :)

I just want to make game unique so I can get large number of players :)

I have question and I can't work on project unit you give me directions :)
Should I made houses like in GAIAS or there is no need for them!

27753406.jpg

Level 3
This map is so WOW

It's progress moving day by day, nice

I would like to see the demo :ogre_haosis: :goblin_wtf:

Level 27
Well yeah, that's good. Of course effect... you could make some kind of model, immport it and change the path of it to the teleport effect's...
Circle of Power? Well yeah, most standart oy all the teleport model I'd say, I've seen this in lots of maps, and I have it in one of my unfinished maps...

Level 3
ALL DONE! :cool:

Food: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/3f5d8h/_files/Food.docx

I was bored out of my mind while making up these things! I mean seriously, WHO NEEDS 5 CHEESES!!! WTF?!? But since -Kobas- is my friend (as well as the only person who can stand up to me in DotA), I did it anyway.

Note: The general idea is that fruit and other sweets restore mana while meat, breads and cheeses restore HP

Level 3
This looks amazing, I'm definitely following this. You should add a reference to the ghosts of christmas past, present and future. :p

Level 12
Speaking of pet systems, how about you make the Ranger's (if you plan to make the class) something like the more you progress with the "tame" ability, the better beasts/companion you can get.

So basically, instead of Lvl 1: Wolf, Lvl 2: stronger Wolf, Lvl 3: even stronger Wolf, etc..., it would be Lvl 1: Wolf, Lvl 2: stonger Wolf, Lvl 3: Boar.

The good part to my idea is that you tame/catch different beasts as you progress through the map, not through levels.

Level 17
Looks good, very good in fact, but I'm not so enthusiastic about the classes. It reminds me too much of Gaia's, and though you've got the basic classes, I feel you can still upgrade those typical classes to something better that is still flexible enough, represents certain playstyles and is familiar to players.

Regarding the Birth Signs, do they play any instrumental role in the game? The future of the game, perhaps? Do they affect things other than the stats of your character?

Level 17
Considering that it is a single player RPG, personalizing it as such could be an option, maybe making your Birth Sign a sign of status, and as such, NPCs treat you depending on your birth sign.

So, lions, being a courageous and strong beast, would receive great respect and adoration from the public while a person born under the snake might be untrusted, y'know? I believe that personalization is a good aspect of any SP RPG.

Level 3
Can you explain your suggestion a little :)

Nevermind then, I thought you might be familiar with Charles Dickens' stories., no idea why I thought that however. Anyway, it's from the story: "A Christmas Carol" but it's actually completely off-topic.
On-topic: What types of magic-casting will you implement? Will it be *poof* and you have a spell? Or more like runes, roars, songs? I, personally, usually like the idea of a bard who uses songs to buff party members=>Bad idea in a singleplayer game but maybe, just maybe you can do something with it. :p. Your project also seems to be inspired a tad on TES 4, with the birthsigns and stuff...

Level 11
@-kobas- , Why don't you make 2 maps
-Map 1 is single play'r orpg where you level story line part.
-Map 2 is like where you load your heros from single player and you do dungeons, pvp ect.

EDIT: Make map 2 so that your in a huge city and you can't leave it the city has like item vendors, pvp arena, dungeons ect. Also make 2 types of pets
-Type 1 Pets that can attack and support
-Type 2 Pets that have aura

Level 27
Well for more precise description for Foxy, TES4: Oblivion is one of the coolest RPG games (not maps!). Oh, they officially anounced they're making TES5, plus it got the same graphical engine as Fallout 3... well I got lots of stuff to say... so I should better shut up.

Well average RPG has a pretty average terrain, so your terrains are much better than average. Plus you'll have some great system too... and yes, variety of stuff to do, that's what I like!

Status
Not open for further replies.