• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Removing Easy difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Don't check the "Various difficulties" checkbox in the campaign and add a dialogue for selecting difficulties ingame, save it as a variable and use a game cache to send it over to the other maps.

And include an option in each map to change it so people don't have to replay the whole campaign if they want a harder difficulty.

Level 20
so basically i let the player choose the difficulty first by doing that thing with the dialogue button etc etc then i create a variable "difficulty" which i set according to the chosen diff level, then gamecache ---> store "difficulty" as difficulty level in gamecache??

Level 20
jeez i'm groping in the dark. I'm trying to follow tutorials here, there, even sample maps from democampaign but i'm getting even more confused than i originally was. Anyone can help me?
So basically i just need to store this boolean variable in the map i chose the difficulty to, then load that boolean in another map to use it again. Can i have any help here? or do i need to open another thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.