• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Playing a unit's animation while it's stunned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I am making a map which will include a custom combat system.

Taking damage (from most sources, but not all sources) will briefly stun you. I want to play a Stand Hit animation, and afterwards a Stand Channel animation. Stand Hit is a short, non-looping animation of the hero actually being hit. Stand Channel is sort of a dazed animation, in which the hero is staggering.

I am using GUI Stun System by Khaos Machine.

The problem is, when a unit is stunned, it will only play the Stand animation.

I would really appreciate help with this :)

EDIT: I know there is a function (line?) which will play a unit's animation by index, but if I am going to use it, I will need one more function that will Queue the Stand Channel animation.

Level 6
So, I am making a map which will include a custom combat system.

Taking damage (from most sources, but not all sources) will briefly stun you. I want to play a Stand Hit animation, and afterwards a Stand Channel animation. Stand Hit is a short, non-looping animation of the hero actually being hit. Stand Channel is sort of a dazed animation, in which the hero is staggering.

I am using GUI Stun System by Khaos Machine.

The problem is, when a unit is stunned, it will only play the Stand animation.

I would really appreciate help with this :)

EDIT: I know there is a function (line?) which will play a unit's animation by index, but if I am going to use it, I will need one more function that will Queue the Stand Channel animation.

Well that function line that will play a unit's animation by index for me is the best way since it can be perform even if there are orders (like being stunned)..

Try on using it...

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
The system seems to use a dummy ability like stormbolt, so that likely means it's hardcoded. I doubt you can change it.

Technically you could force a unit to play an animation, however I am not completely sure if you can do that if stunned by a blizz-spell. I got no fact or experiance to back this up, it just feels odd :p

• Animation - Play Paladin 0000 <gen>'s attack 2 animation

Status
Not open for further replies.