• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make a unit group hostile to a player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So I was thinking about making a RPG for multiple players but in it I wanted to add multiple computer controlled players(humans, orcs, centaur, undead...) that would at first be neutral to all the players and get more and more friendly or unfriendly to a player depending on what he/she does.

No, I have all of that sort off figured out but my actual problem is that if I am to add all of those forces then I would have no room for actual players.
So, I thought about making all of those 1 player(Player 12 - Brown) but now I have this problem. How do I make it so that when a player attacks a unit that belongs to one of the unit groups(which will be the forces) make only those units hostile to that player, not the whole Player 12. Making them neutral hostile doesn't work because they become hostile to, well, everyone.

If there is no solution I might have to resort to making less comupter controlled players or less user controlled ones :/.

Level 6
Actually, I looked into that and apparently neutrals are hard to control. Or at least I think. As in they flee from battle. Also, they appear to already used for some weird reasons. I don't know if by assigning them to a computer would create bugs. Is it recommended to use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.