• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How many Tiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
You may be saving it before you exit? If so, don't. Just pick your 16 tilesets (or how many you want) press okay and close the map. Reopen it, and they should be there.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
As stated before, 16 tile types (excluding variations, those are not factored in the limit) are allowed. This is purely mechanical as the game only allocates 4 bits to tile variations giving 2^4 possible different tiles. On a stupid note it also allocates 4 bits to cliff type however it seems to have a logical limit of only 2 (ignores all other values). I have no idea why they did not allocate 2 bits for cliff type and 6 bits for tile type which would give you a choice of 64 tile types.

Level 4
Hello duty

maybe this solves your problem

1) download WEU -> http://www.wc3c.net/tools/weu/
2) the program must always be installed, after that you seek the path of your warcraft lll
3) you give the option "edit map" then look for your map.
4) use custom tileset and give the option to "add" and there you will leave the TileList (with a maximum of 16 tiles per map).
5) Keep your map and ready to enjoy.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Do not use WEU. It is like JNGP but infinitly more buggy. The number of map makers who used WEU who ended up with serious problems (lost the entire map after >200 hours work or the map was not playable) goes to say that you should not use it. JNGP supports the exact same feature except is considerably more reliable and stable.

Level 4
Do not use WEU. It is like JNGP but infinitly more buggy. The number of map makers who used WEU who ended up with serious problems (lost the entire map after >200 hours work or the map was not playable) goes to say that you should not use it. JNGP supports the exact same feature except is considerably more reliable and stable.

You're right, but yet I use WEU only for tiles and to the infinite field, not to trigger any of that, because it is unstable.

why I recommended him for the WEU 16 tiles.

Hey Nyx,

When i tried to download the File it said: The file you attempt to download can damage your computer (virus.) So i dont know?

The program itself has no virus, but nevertheless these types of antivirus crack and the system recognizes it as bad, I use it as long as my antivirus is on, and not like other programs where they send you to disable your antivirus is there where if you should worry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.