• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I stop the special - channel trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi,
I have a unit, which I have set to do the action:
  • Unit - Order Fire Titan 0037 <gen> to Special - Channel
Now I want it to stop at a certain point, but whatever I do, move instantly, make it issue order with no target (stop, attack, hold position) or whatever. Nothing won't seem to stop it from channeling. What is going on? xD..

I'd appreciate it if you could help me. :) thx

Level 12
If it is a channeling spell this should work:
  • Unit - Order SomeUnit to Stop
Otherwise:
A solution is to apply mini-stun for 0.01 sec with a dummy unit.
This will not work if the unit can become spell-immune at any point of the game.

Another solution is to apply the stun with a dummy unit with bash as bash ignores spell-imunity.

Level 8
If it is a channeling spell this should work:
  • Unit - Order SomeUnit to Stop
Otherwise:
A solution is to apply mini-stun for 0.01 sec with a dummy unit.
This will not work if the unit can become spell-immune at any point of the game.

Another solution is to apply the stun with a dummy unit with bash as bash ignores spell-imunity.

I tried a dummy unit with bash, to attack the channeling unit. Even made a trigger to remove the ability afterwards, but he just keeps casting, stunned or not. Haha.

Level 8
I might just have to replace it I guess.

Unless anyone have any other suggestions?
It would save me from a lot of work with variables and item drops + new ability triggers.

Level 8
Are you sure that you are doing it on the correct unit ?

Show some triggers, please...

• Events
    • Unit - Fire Titan 0037 <gen>'s life becomes Less than 4700.00
  • Actions
    • Unit - Make Fire Titan 0037 <gen> Invulnerable
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of Fire Titan 0037 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DarkPortal\DarkPortalTarget.mdl
    • Unit - Move Fire Titan 0037 <gen> instantly to (Center of Fire Titan Teleport <gen>)
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of Fire Titan 0037 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DarkPortal\DarkPortalTarget.mdl
    • Unit - Order Fire Titan 0037 <gen> to Hold Position
    • Unit - Order Fire Titan 0037 <gen> to Special - Channel
    • Wait 2.00 seconds
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Fire Aspect 1 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Fire Aspect 2 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Fire Aspect 3 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
    • Wait 2.00 seconds
    • Unit - Create 1 Fire Aspect (Fire Titan) for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Fire Aspect 3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to FireAspects_Group
    • Unit - Pause (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Create 1 Fire Aspect (Fire Titan) for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Fire Aspect 2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Fire Aspect (Fire Titan) for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Fire Aspect 1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Wait 2.00 seconds
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in FireAspects_Group and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Unpause (Picked unit)
        • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Fire Titan Teleport <gen>)
Is the trigger starter.
Now I want it to cancel the channeling after defeating the Fire Aspects.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
    • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
      • Conditions
        • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Fire Aspect (Fire Titan)
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Remove (Dying unit) from FireAspects_Group
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Number of units in FireAspects_Group) Equal to 0
      • Then - Actions
        • Wait 2.00 seconds
        • Unit - Move Fire Titan 0037 <gen> instantly to (Center of Fire Titan Teleport <gen>)
        • Unit - Make Fire Titan 0037 <gen> Vulnerable
        • Unit - Create 1 Stun (Fire Titan) for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Fire Titan Teleport <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack Fire Titan 0037 <gen>
        • Player - Disable Channel for Neutral Hostile
      • Else - Actions
The Stun unit that is created was the dummy with bash ability.

Level 3
Maybe the bash ability is not of 100% chance? And even if you disable an ability from a player, if the unit is still casting it, the unit will remain casting it. But first of all I think you should learn first what are leaks and how to handle them... I mean... Even if you succeed on canceling that channel spell or even if you succeed on finishing that map, Warcraft 3 is most likely to crash if you play it (or if not, will incur severe lag). There are many tutorials here that teaches about those leaks and proper GUI basics, maybe you should focus on that first?

Level 12
1st Try this. It should work... it MUST work... ...
Use unit - remove ability to remove the ability.

2nd
Moving a unit to position instantly interrupts order too, the fire titan should have stopped channeling with this too...

3rd
Try sticking
  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger )
at the end of the first trigger.

Idk how exactly
Works but I suspect it fires an event every time the titan life changes value to something lower that the amount.

Level 8
Maybe the bash ability is not of 100% chance? And even if you disable an ability from a player, if the unit is still casting it, the unit will remain casting it. But first of all I think you should learn first what are leaks and how to handle them... I mean... Even if you succeed on canceling that channel spell or even if you succeed on finishing that map, Warcraft 3 is most likely to crash if you play it (or if not, will incur severe lag). There are many tutorials here that teaches about those leaks and proper GUI basics, maybe you should focus on that first?

I set it for a 100% :) he kept getting stunned.
Thanks for the advice, but the maps I create don't have ALOT of triggering. This one is currently based on researches, so it doesn't take a lot. But the advice would be good still though, I just don't think I got the patience to look up tutorials - also because I feel I'm a little late for that now, since the Warcraft 3 era seems to fall.
It's only me and when I force my friends to play, my maps will be used. ^^

Level 8
1st Try this. It should work... it MUST work... ...

2nd
Moving a unit to position instantly interrupts order too, the fire titan should have stopped channeling with this too...

3rd
Try sticking
  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger )
at the end of the first trigger.

Idk how exactly
Works but I suspect it fires an event every time the titan life changes value to something lower that the amount.

The event is because I'm a little lazy. The Titan has a lot of HP, and a small amount of AoE, so just not for the fight to become too boring, I intended to throw a little event when he reached around 40% remaining health. He has no sort of regeneration or healing, so I am insured he will not throw the event twice.
But I just might turn the trigger off anyway..
I tried the instant moving thing. But I guess it doesn't hurt doing so as well.
And I will abselutely find the Unit - Remove Ability. Just couldn't seem to find it anywhere.. ^^
But about the turn off trigger, I have a question. If I would place it halfway through the trigger, will the rest of the triggering still finish? I mean, like if I placed it just before the Titan turns invulnerable - would he still be invulnerable and etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.