• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How Computer (Normal) AI works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I have come across a discovery that Computer (Normal) is smarter than Neutral Hostile.

The problem is that I completely know nothing about how Computer (Normal) commands its units.
I only found out from several threads that:
Heroes are always the first Priority.
Doing some actions such as Repair increase priority.

I just want the people here to share their current knowledge of how the AI acts. Is Unit Classification affected? is unit being a structure affected? Is unit having an attack affected? Is attacking the unit affected? Armor? HP? Movement speed? Priority Values? I even heard some priority values are ignored.

Level 24
In WC3 there is an order called "smart".
This order is for automatic actions.
The most known action is attacking when an enemy unit comes near.
Next to that one... i don't really know. Maybe autocasting also falls under smart.

Level 9
Next to that one... i don't really know. Maybe autocasting also falls under smart.

I thought "smart" is for the actions commanded by the Player.
I did a test of this recently, I'll have to retest.

Autocasting doesnt have an order, I think. They also cast normal spells but those things apply to all computer players (except when a player leaves, I dont think that has an AI at all).

Yes. You are right about this. Computer (Normal) has the ability to repair, and even cast my triggered spells correctly (though I assume that was just being random)

EDIT: Question...
How should I set up Stats - Priority?
What factors are being overridden by this field?
Since Repair increases Priority... Ugh this is making me confused :(

Level 25
Level 7 creeps and above are much smarter than their lower leveled friends, so a level 7 creep will focus heroes, attack injured units and buildings.
Creep Basics

And you can set in the AI editor if the AI is supposed to focus heroes first, strike when the player is weak and so on.

Level 9

Autocasting doesnt have an order, I think. They also cast normal spells but those things apply to all computer players (except when a player leaves, I dont think that has an AI at all).

Autocasting has an order. Just tested it. Auto-acquiring targets doesn't fall to smart either, UNLESS the Player/AI commanded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.