• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I up abilities with each level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello guys
I was searching in the object editor about that but I cant find it.
I want to change an ability that I can up an ability with no level limits. So that I can up that ability if I have ability points.
I'm glad if someone will help me =)

Level 24
Make it have the same amount of levels as the maximum level of heroes.

If you dont want that, you can reduce the level everytime you level it up.
As long as you triggered all stuff, you shouldnt have any problem.

The last thing you could try is have the Hero ability be a dummy ability and have a Unit ability that is the real ability.
Abilities can be leveled up without limitations via the trigger "Increase level of <ability> for <unit>".
Then you reduce the level of the hero ability every time it gets leveled up and your increase the level of the unit ability every time.
Be aware that the tooltips etc won't work 100% as you would want to.

Level 3
Thank you for your reply. I find another way to change the limit to of upgrading an ability. I change in the tab advanced-> Hero Abilities Level Skip(Default) the 2 into 1 and it works now^^ It is for all abilities but in my map it was that what I was looking for

Level 24
Lol...
I thought you meant that you can level up an ability infinite times.
Something like Attribute bonus in DotA 2.

But there is indeed that one.
If you only want it for one ability, you can the "Stats - Level Skip Requirement" to 1.
Your current solution is as you mentioned for all abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.