• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hi, trying to create an "Item Recovery" Quest. I've some trouble :l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi, i'm trying to create a quest about item recovery, i've created the trigger, i'll post here so you can correct it.

My problem (I think) It's in the last trigger, because i'm lost, and i dont know how to put if you pick a key and go in front of the woman, the mission is completed and it plays the typical campaign sound when a mission is completed.

• Quest
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Aldeano (Mujer) 0023 <gen> using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
      • Set Exclamacion = (Last created special effect)
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled |C00FFFF00Main Miss... with the description Busca información ..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
      • Set mision1 = (Last created quest)
  • Quest llaves
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 250.00 of Aldeano (Mujer) 0023 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Entering unit) is A hero) Igual a True
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Destroy Exclamacion
      • Cinematic - Fundido de salida over 2.00 seconds using texture Máscara blanca and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Encendido for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Fundido de entrada over 2.00 seconds using texture Máscara blanca and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Aldeano (Mujer) 0023 <gen> named Aldeana : Play Sin sonido and display ¡¡Ayuda por favor.... Modify duration: Añadir 0.00 seconds and No esperar
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from PaladÃ*n 0016 <gen> named Gerome : Play Sin sonido and display No te pienso ayudar.... Modify duration: Añadir 0.00 seconds and No esperar
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Aldeano (Mujer) 0023 <gen> named Aldeana : Play Sin sonido and display ¿¿Pero??.... ¡Po.... Modify duration: Añadir 0.00 seconds and No esperar
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from PaladÃ*n 0016 <gen> named Gerome : Play Sin sonido and display ¿¡Cómo que AMA M.... Modify duration: Añadir 0.00 seconds and No esperar
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Aldeano (Mujer) 0023 <gen> named Aldeana : Play Sin sonido and display Si me encuentras la.... Modify duration: Añadir 0.00 seconds and No esperar
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from PaladÃ*n 0016 <gen> named Gerome : Play Sin sonido and display Argggh... pesada.. .... Modify duration: Añadir 0.00 seconds and No esperar
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Aldeano (Mujer) 0023 <gen> named Aldeana : Play Sin sonido and display ¿¿No me piensas t.... Modify duration: Añadir 0.00 seconds and No esperar
      • Cinematic - Fundido de salida over 2.00 seconds using texture Máscara negra and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Apagado for (All players)
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Llaves perdidas with the description Debes encontrar las..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMoonKey.blp
      • Set QuestLlaves = (Last created quest)
      • Quest - Change the description of mision1 to - Encontrar la llav...
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
  • End Quest Llaves
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 250.00 of Aldeano (Mujer) 0023 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Last dropped item) Igual a (Item carried by Paladin 0016 <gen> in slot 1)
    • Actions
      • Quest - Mark QuestLlaves as Completado

Level 11
It's because your condition is not for a unit comes within range event.

You would need the event to be a Generic Unit Event - Unit Drops item to work with that condition. And even then it would have to be in slot 1, so it isn't the best condition you could use.

Also, you don't really need waits in-between cinematic transmissions. By default (I believe) each transmission is 5 seconds long. To add more time, you use the Add "0.00" Seconds. The next transmission won't start until the previous cinematic transmission ends... This makes transmissions cleaner and more fluid.

Level 2
And how do I do if i want to finish the question when you go in front of the woman? Is my trigger OK? I think the problem is in the condition because its a bit rare.

help me please, i can't do this quest, when i start the map it runs the trigger "End Quest Llaves" without being in front of the woman. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.