• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] <H00D,STR> <H00D,STRplus> in hero description Returns "0" , why ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The <H00D,STR> <H00D,STRplus> Tags are used in description to show the hero starting strength and stregth gain per level, but they are returning "0" in game, whats the problem ?

Level 6
I think it is just Hpal
That is the unique code of that unit. The H00D is the parent code which is used to reduce filesize.
If you refer to Hpal, you should get your unit no matter what.

i have two paladins, so using Hpal may take the data from the original paladin, true or not ??

Level 24
i have two paladins, so using Hpal may take the data from the original paladin, true or not ??

Woops. it was the other way around.

If you create a new unit it will make a new unique id.
If you have NewGen WE, you can show the id of objects by pressing ctrl + D (Dont know if it can be done without NewGen because that is too long ago for me.)
The new Ids will start with a capitol letter for heroes and a small letter for non-heroes. after that there are 3 letters/digits which can result to 46656 unique ids.

For the problem in this... STR always returns 0.

If you have NewGen WE, you can show the id of objects by pressing ctrl + D (Dont know if it can be done without NewGen because that is too long ago for me.)
Regular WE can. NewGen also allows the user to customize the ID of an object being created (though it can't be edited afterwards; you have to Copy-Paste the object and delete the old one).

Status
Not open for further replies.