• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fix my camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi,
I have a kind of, first person camera, and I need to make it so it's like the first picture, all the way through the game even with the ups and downs of the terrain...
First Pic:
attachment.php

Getting a bit higher there...
attachment.php

TOO HIGH!
attachment.php

Here's my trigger:
  • SetCamera
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in CameraGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set CamPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Custom script: set udg_CamHeight = GetLocationZ(udg_CamPoint)
          • Set CamHeight2 = (CamHeight x 0.75)
          • Camera - Set (Owner of (Picked unit))'s camera Height Offset to (75.00 + (CamHeight - CamHeight2)) over 0.50 seconds
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CamPoint)
          • Camera - Set (Owner of (Picked unit))'s camera Distance to target to 500.00 over 0.50 seconds
          • Camera - Set (Owner of (Picked unit))'s camera Angle of attack to 325.00 over 0.50 seconds
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Picked unit)) to (Position of (Picked unit)) over 0.00 seconds
          • Camera - Set (Owner of (Picked unit))'s camera Field of view to 550.00 over 0.50 seconds
          • Camera - Set (Owner of (Picked unit))'s camera Rotation to (Facing of (Picked unit)) over 0.50 seconds
I want to try and prevent using lock camera because i want to be able to right click on the minimap and ping wherever on the minimap.

Attachments

• Cam1.JPG
    Cam1.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 522
  • Cam2.JPG
    Cam2.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 568
  • Cam3.JPG
    Cam3.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 584
Level 19
Try these two custom scripts inside your trigger:

JASS:
call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + Z - GetCameraTargetPositionZ + A(), -0.01)
call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + Z - GetCameraTargetPositionZ + A(), 0.01)

Z equals to the Z height of your units current position.
You can se A to whatever number you want to higher of lower the veiw height.

By the way, you leak a unit group. You should set the unit group to a variable and then remove it afterwards.
You also leak a location: "Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Picked unit)) to (Position of (Picked unit)) over 0.00 seconds".

Level 19
  • Actions
    • Custom script: call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + Z - GetCameraTargetPositionZ + A(), -0.01)
    • Custom script: call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + Z - GetCameraTargetPositionZ + A(), 0.01)
"Z" is the height of the terrain you unit is located at. In case you saved it as a variable just replace "Z" with "udg_something". (The varible name.)

Level 12
manstie, you can only bump once every 48hours, you first double posted and then bumped twice in a day...

I DID wait 48 hours, even though the bumping time is ACTUALLY 24 hours. God! USE YOUR EYES!

11-02-2009, 01:41 PM First Post
Yesterday, 10:35 AM Second Post
Yesterday = 11-04-2009
It goes MM DD YYYY not DD MM YYYY, if that is why you acted like an idiot.

• Actions
    • Custom script: call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + Z - GetCameraTargetPositionZ + A(), -0.01)
    • Custom script: call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + Z - GetCameraTargetPositionZ + A(), 0.01)
"Z" is the height of the terrain you unit is located at. In case you saved it as a variable just replace "Z" with "udg_something". (The varible name.)
I meant add it into my trigger... but fine, I'll figure it out ... T_T

Last edited:
Level 12
Bump.
I tried those custom scripts.
Custom script: call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + Z - GetCameraTargetPositionZ + A(), -0.01)
Custom script: call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + Z - GetCameraTargetPositionZ + A(), 0.01)

These are mine:
call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + udg_CamHeight - GetCameraTargetPositionZ + 75(), -0.01)
call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + udg_CamHeight - GetCameraTargetPositionZ + 75(), 0.01)
It says "Expected '('"
and in NewGen it says "syntax error"

Last edited:
JASS:
call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + udg_CamHeight - GetCameraTargetPositionZ() + 75, 0.01)
call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + udg_CamHeight - GetCameraTargetPositionZ() + 75, 0.01)

JASS:
constant native GetCameraTargetPositionZ    takes nothing returns real

Its a function, you missed the ()

Last edited:
Level 12
Wait wait wait, so if my trigger is this:
  • SetCamera
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Camera - Set (Owner of (Picked unit))'s camera Height Offset to CamHeight over 0.50 seconds
          • Camera - Set (Owner of (Picked unit))'s camera Distance to target to 500.00 over 0.50 seconds
          • Camera - Set (Owner of (Picked unit))'s camera Angle of attack to 500.00 over 0.50 seconds
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Picked unit)) to CamPoint over 0.00 seconds
          • Camera - Set (Owner of (Picked unit))'s camera Field of view to 550.00 over 0.50 seconds
          • Camera - Set (Owner of (Picked unit))'s camera Rotation to (Facing of (Picked unit)) over 0.50 seconds
          • Custom script: call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + udg_CamHeight - GetCameraTargetPositionZ + 75(), -0.01)
          • Custom script: call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + udg_CamHeight - GetCameraTargetPositionZ + 75(), 0.01)
Then what the hell do I do?

If i replace mine with
call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + udg_CamHeight - GetCameraTargetPositionZ() + 75(), 0.01)
call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + udg_CamHeight - GetCameraTargetPositionZ() + 75(), 0.01)
then it says Expected '

Just add
  • Custom script: call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + udg_CamHeight - GetCameraTargetPositionZ() + 75, 0.01)
  • Custom script: call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + udg_CamHeight - GetCameraTargetPositionZ() + 75, 0.01)
Its not random shit, its jass and is obviously your answer.
If you are not willing to learn from your mistakes, I can't see why I should help you further.

Level 12
Ok those last 2 that u gave me worked now. Ty.

EDIT: The camera is upside down now.
  • SetCamera
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Camera - Set (Owner of (Picked unit))'s camera Height Offset to CamHeight over 0.50 seconds
          • Camera - Set (Owner of (Picked unit))'s camera Angle of attack to 500.00 over 0.50 seconds
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Picked unit)) to CamPoint over 0.00 seconds
          • Custom script: call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + udg_CamHeight - GetCameraTargetPositionZ() + 75, -0.01)
How to make it un-upside down?

EDIT: Heres a pic.
upsidedowncamera.png

Last edited:
you know that the maximum value is 359,99?

Level 12
Those never effected it before. Look at my first post.

Well, It's fixed now:
  • SetCamera
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Camera - Set (Owner of (Picked unit))'s camera Angle of attack to 320.00 over 0.50 seconds
          • Camera - Set (Owner of (Picked unit))'s camera Field of view to 500.00 over 0.50 seconds
          • Custom script: call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + udg_CamHeight - GetCameraTargetPositionZ() + 75, 0.02)
          • Custom script: call SetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, GetCameraField(CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET) + udg_CamHeight - GetCameraTargetPositionZ() + 75, 0.02)
Only Angle of Attack has max of 360

workingcamera.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.