• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Daytime change speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey,

I'm currently making a strategy map, whichin the map represents an entire country. Now, I want to make it relatively realistic and the country shouldn't be too small. Hence I took a unit and let it run from one edge of the map to the other and counted the seconds and then adjusted the time for one day according to the wished size of my country in miles (setting 20 miles as the normal advance of an army per day). This resulted in a day length of 10 seconds. But when I tested it, my eyes soon got stressed by the rapuid change of the colours on the screen. I tried to raise it to 40, but still the change was too fast. What do you think is the lowest possible day time, at which a map is still playable without hurting the eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.