• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change Ambient Sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Change Ambient Sounds? [SOLVED]

Hi!
I have an issue in my map, where in an undergorund cavern, I cannot get rid of chirps singing from the Barrens tileset...

• call StopSound(bj_dayAmbientSound, true, true)
  • call StopSound(bj_nightAmbientSound, true, true)
I have tried using those commands 0.01 seconds after of the map Init, on map Init, 5 seconds after map init, but it doesn't seem to be working anyway... :/

Also, if it is possible to remove those ambients, how do I replace them with new ones from other tilesets?

Last edited:
Hmmmm. Do you know what sounds they are? You could replace them in sound editor. I don't have your map so I didn't test it out. You can add ambient sounds to a region by trigger. Did you try this?

• Sound - Add anything_but_crickets <gen> across (Playable map area)
Or did you try,

• Sound - Use the Lordaeron Summer nighttime ambient theme
These may change it.

Level 26
Haha! Thanks for all your help! They all worked out. I realized that I had put another trigger before this one in the init, a transmission trigger, wich waited for the transmission to finish before executing more functions... The transmission is about 100 hours long so that's why it wasn't working... :D

Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.