• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

VoiceOver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Hello there !

I was wondering if there is a ways to make voice acting for warcraft units ? For exemple :

I would like to record Sylvanas's voice. I currently using << Audacity>> to make a recording. And some of my friends told me that you can use Auto-tune or something like that... but it doesn't work

... Does anyone have any idea how to make voice acting ? Thank you

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Do you mean you would like to have the tracks of Sylvanas when she talks in Warcraft ?
They can be found in the sound editor ( WE) and be exported from Warcraft with Magos.

Level 25
Yes, this is possible. You just overwrite some unused unit sound files via imports.
You can't create an entirely "new" sound set, though, just replace an existing one.
If a Necromancer has 3 NecromancerYes1-3 sounds and you import a sound named Undead\Units\NecromancerYes4.wav

.. Would he be able to play the Yes4?
Because it feels like a huge hazzle to hardcode how many sounds an unit have, rather than just looking how many sounds it has.

Level 5
You can record a track, edit it in Audacity, save it and import it to War3Editor
You can import it and make it overwrite already existing sound, for example SylvanasYesAttack1.wav, this will make the unit(sylvanas in this case) say whatever you recorded when she attacks.
You can export SylvanasYesAttack1.wav, put it into Audacity, edit it anyway you want(change pitch for example) save it, import it back and make it overwrite existing file.
You can record any track, save it, import to war3 editor and use it as a sound in a cinematic without a need to overwrite anything.
But I guess you can't make Audacity change your voice into sylvanas voice. I think that some profesional audio editor would be able to make it simmilar to sylvanas voice, but I am not even a newb in audacity, so what can I know.

If you need help on how to overwrite/import sounds just say, it's easy.

... Does anyone have any idea how to make voice acting ? Thank you
Well I guess everyone have an idea, get the actors, audio editing tools, scripts, good microphone and start recording :p

Level 28
You can record a track, edit it in Audacity, save it and import it to War3Editor
You can import it and make it overwrite already existing sound, for example SylvanasYesAttack1.wav, this will make the unit(sylvanas in this case) say whatever you recorded when she attacks.
You can export SylvanasYesAttack1.wav, put it into Audacity, edit it anyway you want(change pitch for example) save it, import it back and make it overwrite existing file.
You can record any track, save it, import to war3 editor and use it as a sound in a cinematic without a need to overwrite anything.
But I guess you can't make Audacity change your voice into sylvanas voice. I think that some profesional audio editor would be able to make it simmilar to sylvanas voice, but I am not even a newb in audacity, so what can I know.

If you need help on how to overwrite/import sounds just say, it's easy.

Well I guess everyone have an idea, get the actors, audio editing tools, scripts, good microphone and start recording :p

Thank you so much ! You helped me a lot. I shall start making voice recording for my campaign later on (I'm too busy now with the maps) but anyway, Thank you. If I need anything I shall ask you...

Level 17

Erm... there's an option in Audacity to Change Pitches. You can reach a "Similar" voice, but not the same though.

I have Voice-acted many times, (and as I'm 13 my voice is weird) I have changed Pitches and reached a VERY horrible voice as I am NOT a pro in VA.

Just remember, half way of the VA is to "Feel" the Character. Be Emotional, but not very obvious. Not a Robot, nor a Parrot.

Level 5
Erm... there's an option in Audacity to Change Pitches. You can reach a "Similar" voice, but not the same though.

I have Voice-acted many times, (and as I'm 13 my voice is weird) I have changed Pitches and reached a VERY horrible voice as I am NOT a pro in VA.

Just remember, half way of the VA is to "Feel" the Character. Be Emotional, but not very obvious. Not a Robot, nor a Parrot.

What I meant was that Audacity won't do it automatically :).

Level 28
Guys! I believe we have a problem here with the voice acting?!

I was wondering, and then I realise I have a little problem concerning the voiceover!
You see, it's because I made six different heros for choice, and because they have different vocabulary, I realise that I can not make a single voice acting for every heros in Cinematics!

So. I believe it's will be wise to let the voice over for a quit time, untill u finish the whole campaign, and then I will try to find a way to fix it. Or I will just let go !?

Status
Not open for further replies.