• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I am extreamly bored - need beta tester?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I'll still reduce the difficulty of the campaign, but I just thought to let you know of the conflicting suggestions I have at the moment. Perhaps it would be better to include an Easy version too?
I played the campaign on normal and didnt have any trouble... you should not mess around with it. Better add an easy mode.

Resurrection of the Scourge by Turnro - Third Review which contain 3 chapters, 7 to 9.

Before Chapter 7 - Movie

Found bugs:
1) Sound of a dieing necromancer, this can be fixed by creating a corpes of a necromancer rather than creating a unit and kill it.
2) One of the vampires that gave him vampiric powers and said that he gives his life, did not die and was not showing any signs of becoming weaker (near death?)
3) CRITICAL ERROR -> After arround 10 minutes movie I went drinking some vodka, play with my dog and then came back and skipped. The movie is WAY too big and was boring to watch it. The total time was atlist 10 minutes and this is a Critical Error.

~~~ The Epic Things I Liked ~~~
* Having 3 heroes allways keeping their uniqe, custom colors, even during movies.
* Also during this movie, the cameras was absolutly spot on and the ubersplat was used correctly.

Suggestions:
1) Create a corpse of a necromancer to avoid death animation's sound
2) Give the tome (unit abilities) custom icons, this will be better than the normal icons also used by necromancers.
3) Avoid using banish which is an allready made buff for your new spells, use custom models or rarely used models instead, this is confusing and shows as if the map maker didn't care about his new spells.

Chapter 7 -

I tried to win for 2:01:45 hours but then I decided it took out my whole day tring to win this chapter and was forced to use godmode (if I haven't, my enemies would win since I had no more units to defend myself).

Spotted Bugs:
1) Oddly, I started the game with 2 of my 3 heroes, and the one missing was not the one secreficing himself.
2) Oddly, a steam tank attacked my ground units with his barrel ability?
3) Death Curse didn't work as I tried to use it before my hero died, it only happened once and I don't know what exactly caused it.
Suggestion: If death curse's unit died, make that location a saved location REALX,REALY and save it. Then load it when he died set p = (REALX,REALY) and overcome the bug of that spell.

* unlimited time to prepere my forces
* Unlike other chapter where it was impossible to win without godmode, this chapter was possible to win.
* Easy to get 3 gold mines

Suggestions are optional, don't throw yourself out of the window while reading them.

1) Since you took one of my heroes, why didn't you gave his items like warcraft would?
2) Don't touch this difficulty, its presicly how it should be: easy at the start, hard from time to times and possible to win. Though it indeed took me long to win and making it a bit easier will still do good.

Chapter 8 -

Found bugs:
1) The player can't tell where the quest want his hero to be "find a graveyard" in a huge map makes you go all arround untill you use iseedeadpeople to understand that it was right ahead, replace it with "go to the boneyard" and give sight.
2) A foot switch that should have made invisable bridge visable, keep it invisable, is this intended?
3) All creeps after ninja quest was very hard. Had to use god mode.
4) I had to use Iseedeadpeople just to find the quest item, sun key.
5) Firebolt need to be more powerfull in order to match warcraft's hero spell.

* The idea of ninja quest was fun
* The Teleporation pazzle was cute, but too long.
* The movie about arthas was extreamly funny
* The final movie was epic

Suggestions are optional, don't read them if there is a nearby shotgun.

1) Make it so that players can win the game without using godmode.

Before Chapter 9 -
Epic movie without found bugs.

Chapter 9 - Playing this chapter was not fun and frustrating, please take big note of whatever I say about this chapter.

Found bugs:
1) "Human warlord" inside the start movie? it is lord garithos, the game forgot the story line?
2) Shamanic Totem has awkward item abilities order, the active ability is last and because of that it is impossible to see the cooldown.
3) Killing hard side enemies with 2 towers drops no item.
4) The enemies attack the player before he even got a working rax and trained a single unit, directly attacking his goldmine, main and acos.
5) There are nearly no trees near the base to harvest.
6) The enemies have way too many units, its like they no food limit and they had atlist 2 players and atlist 2 races.
7) The game creates enemies to directly attack the goldmine, this force me to leave out the old base to die as it has no more gold mine in it and create a new base with a new gold mine, barracks ,altar of kings, tier 3 main, etc, this is one of the reasons that the chapters take 1.5-4 hours to play, avoid forcing the player to go and built new base each time his goldmine lost by not forcing so many attacks on the old base, its frustrating.
8) CRITICAL ERROR-> THE GOLD MINES OF BOTH YOU AND THE ENEMY WON'T CONTAIN ENOUGH GOLD AND ARE GETTING DEPLEATED BEFORE YOU HAVE CHANCE TO GO AND FIGHT ALL THE OTHER ARMIES <- CRITICAL ERROR
* If the gold mine was not depleated, I could create units and struggle 4 hours to win the game, so it seems, but I didnt want to waste my time on fail attempts just to win little by little over 4 hours, I used godmode.
9) CRITICAL ERROR -> The map size is insane! it will take more than the usual 4 hours to win it due to its huge size. <-CRITICAL ERROR
10) Giving me dreadlord's items before his death spoiled the suprized in the end of the chapter.

* Playing with vampire for the first time (something that bnet won't let you) was extreamly fun, I was tought that you can delay doom that an enemy cast on his own unit by sleeping that unit.

Suggestions are optional, read them if you want something extra.

1) I am not 100% sure, only 90% sure, that on chapter 4 you could get the upgrade for destroyer though your statue did not have this ability once upgraded, most likely from banning the unit from being trained. Check it.
2) The maps are too big, containing too many main quests which you must do, this force each game into being too long in term of time. Make maps smaller, with less main quests (just switch some into side quests).

Thanks for the feedback so far best_player_88 :)

You've almost finished the campaign (with only one Chapter to go). Your feedback is much appreciated for the update I'll be doing.
Yea but sorry that the last episode taking so long, its just that the hardness of the last episodes was so taxing that I wanted a day off from it. Ok I am going to play the last episode RIGHT NOW and post the review hopefully today.

Resurrection of the Scourge by Turnro - Third Review which contain 1 chapters, 10.

Chapter 10 - The APPOCALIPS

At the first try, Araj died and I had to restart due to not understanding that I must put blight item into action.
At the second try, araj died because I went afk and needed more units.
At the third try, I lost because i was out of lumber and my ghouls didnt auto move into far lumber.
At the forth try, I lost on minute 1:00 because my gold and lumber was depleated, the enemy had too many units to handle.
At the fifth try, same as the one before it.
At the sixth try, I used godmode to win.

1) Minute 8: The new model is moving is mouth as if it was talking, saying nothing.
2) CRITICAL ERROR -> I found out that the orange hero is actually a hero belong to another player, this will not allow me to set really point on him and cause units to be unable to be automaticly walking, make this a player controlled hero that has change in color due to a trigger. <- CRITICAL ERROR
3) CRITICAL ERROR -> at the 5 last minutes the towers became none-invulnerable towers, is this intended?. <- CRITICAL ERROR
4) Gold Coins leave behind a needless shadow, remove the item's shadow to change this.
5) CRITICAL ERROR -> Its impossible to pass minute 1:00 without godmode <- CRITICAL ERROR
6) The last movie and the movie afterwards was awesome but I must ask about 2 things I didn't understand:
Did the greater vampire intended to kill his ally vampire by giving him the poisoned tome?
Why didn't the human's boss killed the vampire artifact before killing them off?
Please answer those 2 questions :D

* (Refering to chapter 9) Lich's Tome of the Shadow Order has a great value, especialy the ability to drain, it is, however, very forgetable during fight since it has a big cooldown, I suggest giving it an icon that is not that book, just to remind the player to use lich's new abilities.
* Towers' blight increases your built locations, a bit at a time.
* All towers invulnerable.
* Soul and lightning towers are new units.
* When ur gold reach zero you can use your ally's gold.
* Scroll of the unholy legion has a great value
* Tower Defense as last episode is very relaxing and totaly new.
* Can't unsummon hunted gold mine, which is a way to bug the game by giving it to the other player.

Suggestions:
1) Make some towers only able to attack air or ground unit, to make it more tactical than spammed.
2) Try to make the ability "unsummon" to be able to target invulnerable targets. This to allow the player swap towers he allready build, and make Hunded Gold Mine a human race unit, to prevent unsummon from working on it.
3) Make each tower to cost 1000 gold or more, overwize, the gold mine is useless (most of the game you have 6900 gold which you cannot use), and make sure you don't make the towers vulnerable since then it will mean that a tower that cost 1000 gold will die for nothing.
4) When a player pick Gold Coins, give the new gold to the other player, this can also be fixed by making the summoner player the main player and the tower builder the secondary player, which will solve the critical error with really points.
5) Cause the game possible to win without godmode, all problams starts at minute 1 when in minute 5 your summoner gold mine is running out of gold and the enemy units are too great in number, also, don't make invulnerable towers go vulnerable, they die too easially and can't hold the enemy at all.
6) Make the summit near to lich, a tower buildable path, to allow better protection for the main unit, same goes for the 4 acos where you must kill a tower to built a new one and only 4 towers are builtable at most.

Final Note + Review:

The game has a lot to offer in terms of movies and decoration but the boss fights are boring and there are not enough new hero abilities, there are nearly no new units or new models / icons. The game is ever so frustrating that its not fun to play at all, but if the difficulty went easier, the game will be top rated and deserve a really high score, and will become highly recommended to be played.

* STORY LINE - The story line is beyond epic: The charicter acts as if something is happening RIGHT NOW and each has its own uniqe reaction to it, the charicters make incredible hard to make decision with resisting one another if the plan won't suit them, the weather effects weather they will go on foot or on a ship and this is just a small taste of what this map has to offer.

SUPREAM STORYLINE 10/10.

* Visuals (new units, abilities custom visuals and movies effects) - The map offers nearly nothing new in term of imported models nor it will offer a reasonable effect to its new warcraft ability that uses banish buff instead, resulting in a normal warcraft 3 visuals. There are a very few new icons that are connected to the new spells, which I belive helps the player find out what is new and by that prevent confusion. There is 2 heroes using the same icon, only that one of them icon is reversed. The movies, however, have a great camera controll and are using correct ubersplat and nearly all text are correct. There are a few invisable bridges which are awesome and ressurected units that comes with special effects.
There were 2 new towers and one new hero model.

The map NEEDS new icons and models as well as buffs, the movies are perfect as they are 7/10.

* GAME MECHANICS - The map offers 3 heroes which need to go and attack things, there are a few puzzles, straight forward attacking, and one chapter had tower defense with unit helping the defense. As for the spell system, the game offers a few new spells and a few new units as a quest reward, them new spells stack a bit with themselves, you can summon a unit and then replanish your health or mana points with ability that is killing it and you have 2 auras that heal health points in 2 different ways - but its still seems unperfect: there is no real combo among the spells and your hero will attack and go back when his health is low, or run to fountain if the health drains out. The heroes are getting new ability each which makes them extreamly fun to play once they have their new abilities. The new units and the 2 new towers ARE awesome, and there is no need to punish by much since the game follows the original game, and it will be awkward if units will have new abilities.

The heroes need new abilities, buffs and intresting spell combo, the mechanics are normaly following warcraft but thats resonable. 6/10

* DECORATION - The map shows unplatted terrain ( you won't allways and only go in a straight floor ) which have water pools, well placed trees and from time to time a simetric place. The ruins shows a cell that is small to walk and is wet because it has water jet coming into it. The forest map is big and you get lost inside a forest which have allways and only trees all arround, the map gives you the feeling that you are inside that place, there is a snow falling on the iced path which is surrounded by ice boulders, the captive is locked behide a cell.

SUPREAM DECORATION 10/10.

* FUN FACTOR - as for jokes, there are funny parts inside the movies from time to time, not telling what exactly to not spoil the jokes. One joke at the end of chapter 2 who make you think " WHATS ?!?! " XD. There are no rediculus spells. The bosses are not that fun to beat - Other than throw forked lightning and then afk attacking they do nothing (or cast holy light on eachother and auto attack) (they will not even talk before or after they are dead). Attacking 1500 hp barracks with units that do very low damage againts fortified armor makes you wait 1 minute which is not fun (at the early chapters). The main charicter get uniqe, free orb which is fun and each get ability which is extreamly fun to use. The game offers planty of chapters, the heroes as well as the units are using their spells, are trainning units and are forming groups who scout over the map.

The map has more to improve at creating custom fights againts bosses in order to recieve an higher score, it also contains impossible to win difficulty but I didn't reduce the score for that, since I hope that the map maker will reduce the difficult greatly after this review 7/10. (or 2/10 for frustrating difficulty)

Note: if the game was to change its corrent difficulty and make anything possible to win without cheats, the score is:
10+6+7+10+7 /5 = 40/5 = 8.00 (please make new spells, icons, and add boss fights)
Note: if the game was to remain its corrent difficulty, the score is:
10+6+7+10+ 2 (zero fun factor of frustration) = 35/5 = 7.00 (please make new spells, icons, add boss fights, and write in Quest that the player could use hacks if the game becomes too hard.)

The Game follows warcraft's original unit built and story line but exeed the official game by a very great differense.
I DO NOT recommand to play this map at this DIFFICULY without using "whosyourdaddy" who make you only watch the visuals without wasting time and make you frustrated for making you unable to do anything to win normaly.

I WILL recommand to play this campaign that still has more to go (as I mantioned in great details) IF IT WERE TO REDUCE ITS DIFFUCULTY, right now the game has NEARLY NO bugs, this is the first beta test for a campaign to have this ammount of bugs, it is playable as it is (if it were to reduce its difficuly), the game is kinda fun but I know that my honorary member who worked hard during the time I was in the hospital has the power to go on and improve his map to the perfection which I suggested in this review and I hope for him to mame it become MUCH EASIER.

The given score would be much less if the map was to remain in its difficult which is right now -> forcing you to use warcraft cheats to win it.
This is a guide to warcraft cheats so one can play it as it is:

http://www.gamespot.com/warcraft-iii-reign-of-chaos/cheats/
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/589475-warcraft-iii-the-frozen-throne/cheats

Good luck with improving your map and thank you for the intresting experience, also thank you for beta testing our forum members' maps.

The BEST story line EVER MADE and the BEST decoration EVER MADE.
Awarded +rep.

Level 31
The review is done. I appreciate the time you've taken into writing such an informed and meaningful review :)

I will now answer your final questions:

3) CRITICAL ERROR -> at the 5 last minutes the towers became none-invulnerable towers, is this intended?. <- CRITICAL ERROR

Is is intended. Yet at the same time, this isn't something that happens without notice. Once the towers become invulnerable, you will receive a message from an Acolyte saying the Power Obelisk has run out of power.

This leads me to ask you something: While you were playing Resurrection of the Scourge, did you have subtitles turned on?

6) The last movie and the movie afterwards was awesome but I must ask about 2 things I didn't understand:
Did the greater vampire intended to kill his ally vampire by giving him the poisoned tome?
Why didn't the human's boss killed the vampire artifact before killing them off?

In answering the first question, kind of. Araj was the tome bearer, and Tichondruis was not very happy when Araj gave his potion to Varimathras. Tichondrius still needed the tome, yet he knew the consequences if he dared held the tome for an extended amount of time. Therefore, he had no choice but to give the tome to Varimathras.

When referring to Lord Garithos, you can assume he is an idiot. You could clearly see in the final movie that he had his chance to kill the dreadlords, yet he decided to attack the Apocalypse Spell instead.

Captain: "Shall I give the orders of execution then, sir?"

Lord Garithos looks over at the eye.

Lord Garithos: "Not quite yet. We need to attend to some unfinished business first."

Its on the last page, since i kept updating the stuffs.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=m5xgr0
My account was blocked for forgetting my own password, I could review it NOW but the link is inactive.

On a totaly differfent subject:
There was a guy named Deffa who made a map but gave up on it too fast, I took his map and improved it in my own way, the one which I keep spamming about, Freedom Force 2.
Knowing how my old map, freedom force 1 was rejected for an understoodable reason: it had endless memory leaks due to my lack of knowledge, I really took into heart to make this version, to be accepted.
This is the latest version:

* Note: I intended to make it an open sorce, to allow users to see how I made the triggers, please feel free to explore those triggers.

Attachments

• Freedom Force 2 v0.28.w3x
    556.4 KB · Views: 78
Level 16
My account was blocked for forgetting my own password, I could review it NOW but the link is inactive.

On a totaly differfent subject:
There was a guy named Deffa who made a map but gave up on it too fast, I took his map and improved it in my own way, the one which I keep spamming about, Freedom Force 2.
Knowing how my old map, freedom force 1 was rejected for an understoodable reason: it had endless memory leaks due to my lack of knowledge, I really took into heart to make this version, to be accepted.
This is the latest version:

* Note: I intended to make it an open sorce, to allow users to see how I made the triggers, please feel free to explore those triggers.

Since that was from a long time ago lol.

LINK : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=uiu9jq

Since that was from a long time ago lol.

Mercenaries by Gekigengar

This review was a very special one. But before anything, I jump into CRITICAL ERROR which was so dangerous that it actually take place NOW.
CRITICAL ERROR -> On each restart the upersplat blinking my eyes and make them painfull, remove this glowing effect, it is not pretty and irritate the eye into unbearable level. <- CRITICAL ERROR
^ Dude, some people might go to doctor or drop uncountess for this, if they have low resistance to eye irritation, seriously I MEAN IT, remove this annoying eye effect. AND I MEAN NOW.

Before I even go to the prologe of the game like I allmost allways do, I would like to say something, I played resident evil 4 and I loved it. I made a small map about it named "Resident Evil 5" before the actuall game came out. I was really honored to be the one to beta test your map who follow the same game which I love so much.

Prologue:
Unkowning the quest before me, as I needed money, I joined a group named "Marcineries", I fell out of an airplan to face million zombies hungry for brain but I, the mercinery, NEED money. :ogre_haosis:

Found Bugs:

1) The game is hopeless and can't start automaticly without the player pressing of esc, just make it that once the movie ends, the game starts.
2) "Melee" which is a knife used ability, provide no cooldown of a blink that can be used to abuse the score, it happens if you cancel the cast animation.
3) Reloading takes too long, it is not realistic and force game over for no reason, realoading real life weapond takes 1-3 seconds and this is really annoying and ruinning the game, the "press R" not help since it make you reload based on lag and is not realistic (pressing the magazine milion times won't make it get into its place faster. and real life magazine placing takes 1-3 seconds).
4) Units that are getting hit by a bullet won't absorb or stop the path of the bullet, it acts unrealistic as if they werent there or as if they got hit by a missle. for realistic reasons, make bullet stop their path once they hit, this doesn't make sence.
5) The ground looks as if the units are flying on a brown air, make real terrain and remove this one.
6) The score is silly. Shoot a sitting zombie? random 1-100 point. Shoot an out of view zombie by mistake? 1-100. Shoot nearby zombie whos attacking you? dog? mini boss? Boss? all the same 1-100 randomed points. This score is silly and is unrelated to the actuall play. This is a better score:

level 1 zombies 10 score.
level 2 dogs 15 score.
level 3 mini bosses 20 score.
level 4 bosses 25 score.

x0.50 above or equalls to 1000 range.
x0.75 below 1000 range and sitting or stunned or whatever.
x1.00 below 1000 range and attacking.

* Granade? Sniper? Burst? Landmine? optional for extra conditions.

Dunno:

1) Mini bosses who die in 3 shots? you fight them and all other types the same battle? thats too much, instead, make them as bosses that fight you when there aren't level 1 zombies arround, I mean, the game pressure the players too much: they run from level 1, dogs and bosses all at the same time, instead do this: players kill 100 level 1? go lunch 50 level 2 dogs. dogs die? lunch 25 mini bosses. miniboss dies? lunch 10 bosses. bosses dies? lunch 200 all types and say to player "congrates surviving that far".
2) How come the enemy zombies are able to permastun me to death without me able to stop them? after 10 times I figured I need to turn and mass press F.
Right down a massege to the player "press F to struggle" or make the struggle ability available before the actuall stun, most players won't understand this in time and die for no reason. And don't force the player to actually face the unit, this is too hard, I mean, in my mind, this map must stop being a stuggle map and become a free shooting map, or it will not be played for a long time and not by a lot of players.
3) How come granades deals zero damage to me if I made wrong throw and hurt myself? this could actually be funny.

* Epic used models: tanks and houses.
* Shooting on a wall shows a stone splash.
* Upkeep text used as text on the screen.
* Sound capability, allthough its probably costy in terms of downloading it.
* Shooting wall stop your bullet, but windows won't.
* Zombies eat one another and show imba animations like falling off for no reason.
* You can ask for airplan who drops million items for you.

SORRY FOR THE HARSH REVIEW, I THINK OF YOU AS A PERSON WHO IS GOING TO MAKE BETTER RESIDENT EVIL MAP THAN ME AND APPRITIATE THAT YOU ASKED ME TO GIVE YOU ADVICES TO THE MAP WE BOTH LOVE AND WANT TO BE EXIST, THESE ARE THE SUGGESTIONS BUT THEY ARE HARSH TO READ ALSO, SORRY IF MY ADVICES SOUND BAD AT ANY POINT.

1) Sniper don't need to throw 2 shots at the same time, it make the magazine empty for no reason, instead it should throw bigger area bullet (stop after hit a single unit) that has a much bigger cooldown, to act as if you take much time to accurate the next attack (cast animation for shooting needs to be bigger in this mode).
2) The zombies has special effect on their chest as if they are bursting with red radiance, why? there is nothing cool about it its just boring, instead, make the red special effect to be moved from "chest" into "weapond" or "hand,right" where their weaponds is at. Glowing weaponds ARE AWESOME.
3) The game based on run and struggle which is boring and stressfull, after playing it for a while one comes to hate it, very. Since: 1) you are playing with friends that downloaded the map for 10 minutes just to prove which one of you can reach higher score, making a fight over something silly. 2) you just run and run and if you have luck or more practice, you don't die instantly, its impossible to outrun the enemies without the blink bug I mentioned. 3) The game has no point, there are 3 way to shoot, reload takes forever unless you spam R which is not good if you lag and have arround 10 item types.
For those 3 reasons, I think that you will get low ratting and even though -
Shooting zombies is AWSOME AS MUCH AS I CAN'T DESCRIBE EVEN IF I SPENT MY LIFE TRYING, people won't play it.
I know that this is a very big change to make but this is a must: make it so that even a kid whos 14 can play this map, means less blood and easy easy easy game. Why? because that most bnet players ARE 14 and enjoying things that help them pass the time, not things that make them stressfull.
4) I think you probably are tring to copy dota up to some level: prove being better score than others and do it while getting ganks. DON'T COPY DOTA. I hate dota for that reason and prefere play as techies or bara which are perma afk heroes and play pokemon games. Why? because, dota make you feel unhappy, you join costum games because you want to be entertained if you wanted to feel stressfull you wouldn't join a warcraft game, your map makes me feel ganked from all sides, it is not entertainning.

Sorry it took so long to review your map, but I lost my account password and couldn't help it.
Replay path:
C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\beta tests\Mercenaries v1.3c P.w3x

Attachments

• saved.w3g
    32.2 KB · Views: 86
  • saved2.w3g
    331.7 KB · Views: 80
Level 16
2) The zombies has special effect on their chest as if they are bursting with red radiance, why? there is nothing cool about it its just boring, instead, make the red special effect to be moved from "chest" into "weapond" or "hand,right" where their weaponds is at. Glowing weaponds ARE AWESOME.

During the night mode, it is impossible to see the enemy without any light source,

This is just to make it easier to see enemies around you.

While still keeping enemies beyond range hidden.

It also shows their aggro state.

1) Sniper don't need to throw 2 shots at the same time, it make the magazine empty for no reason, instead it should throw bigger area bullet (stop after hit a single unit) that has a much bigger cooldown, to act as if you take much time to accurate the next attack (cast animation for shooting needs to be bigger in this mode).

It is to balance each weapon mode, Rapid consumes 1, sniper consumes 2, burst consumes 4.

snipers are meant to be accurate, and having any longer animation would make sniper not viable anymore to be used if you are playing single player.

3) The game based on run and struggle which is boring and stressfull, after playing it for a while one comes to hate it, very. Since: 1) you are playing with friends that downloaded the map for 10 minutes just to prove which one of you can reach higher score, making a fight over something silly. 2) you just run and run and if you have luck or more practice, you don't die instantly, its impossible to outrun the enemies without the blink bug I mentioned. 3) The game has no point, there are 3 way to shoot, reload takes forever unless you spam R which is not good if you lag and have arround 10 item types.

The game does not base on run and struggle.

It is about massing the enemies. (Enemies get slower as there are more enemies accumulated around them.) grouping enemies perfectly and constantly, while still maintaining your combo (killing one of the enemies off, while progressing to accumulate more enemies into a group).

You have to wait 2 seconds before every blow, to maintain a steady Melee attack. (longer range), if you perform melee attack before 2 seconds, the melee attack gets shorter and shorter.

this is to limit how much people can perform a gap closer/ gap increase, while still making it viable as a offensive ability as well (3 step attack).

i am aware of the animation stopping bug, i intend to remove it, but there is no way to remove it without pausing the unit. which makes aerial maneuver less controllable.

You can use both R and your mouse click on the icon, making it twice faster!, this is ridiculously fast if i decrease reload even further. (Below 1 second)

Reloading DOES NOT FORCE GAME OVER, you can reload in slow motion, nitrogen grenade, or frag grenade before reloading.
and you can have your allies to defend you while reloading, forcing more team work!

2) you just run and run and if you have luck or more practice, you don't die instantly, its impossible to outrun the enemies without the blink bug I mentioned

You are not chased by zombies if you do not make MUCH NOISE.
Some zombies will literally ignore you if you are not making much NOISE, and walk past you, since the AI are made that way.

And lastly, it is a team game on survival mode Your scores are get together if you pay attention to it.
there are other modes at mind being developed ;D (Versus mode, Campaign mode (seperate map), and Agent Hunt mode (1 player as a zombie, hunting the other 3, or get hunted).

4) I think you probably are tring to copy dota up to some level: prove being better score than others and do it while getting ganks. DON'T COPY DOTA. I hate dota for that reason and prefere play as techies or bara which are perma afk heroes and play pokemon games. Why? because, dota make you feel unhappy, you join costum games because you want to be entertained if you wanted to feel stressfull you wouldn't join a warcraft game, your map makes me feel ganked from all sides, it is not entertainning.

Hmm, you are right at one point, i am trying to copy Dota/league of legends, but not on score fight againts your friends.

I am trying to make it fun to play the map, whether you are going competitively, or playing just to test yourself/pass time.

There are 2 ways to play the game -

1. Enjoy killing massive zombies, alone, or with your friends, test out how far can you get by yourself/with your friends without caring about the score, having fun on the way of massacre!.

2. Competitive team building, strategically planned actions, such as separate movement (4 players on different location, getting more score as a result as there are more zombies to be found)), and grouping up again on night to provide better defense.

League of legends is fun, because all the skills are Active. (There are no passive abilities, involving you more into action). So i made even AIMING as the player's job.

Each skills on League of legends can be used multiple way, utility wise.

Such as Riven's infamous Q, which can be used as a run away ability, gap closer, or offensive ability. (Which is the inspiration of my Melee design, which works the same way.)

Each abilities can be used differently and skillfully, such as the grenades, can be bounced on walls. there are Anti-fun mechanics such as Team killing, and Self killing.
I removed self killing and team killing, just because its not fun to be killed by your own team/yourself, making grenades less reliable during crowded situations (which is what it is designed for!).

* Shooting wall stop your bullet, but windows won't.

You can jump over windows and sand bags, using melee.

and shoot bullets over sand bags.

* Zombies eat one another and show imba animations like falling off for no reason.

They are trying to grab you, even if the animation does not show much. (Its a non-professional made custom animation.) they will fall if there are no targets to be grabbed.

* You can ask for airplan who drops million items for you.

once again, that is an ability with multiple utility, on sticky situations, when you run out of bullet, and is being cornered by multiple zombies, you can simply call for a carpet bombing, or you can have more supplies of survival items, but removing your ability to massive bomb sticky situations, all your actions are balanced in some ways.

2) How come the enemy zombies are able to permastun me to death without me able to stop them? after 10 times I figured I need to turn and mass press F.
Right down a massege to the player "press F to struggle" or make the struggle ability available before the actuall stun, most players won't understand this in time and die for no reason. And don't force the player to actually face the unit, this is too hard, I mean, in my mind, this map must stop being a stuggle map and become a free shooting map, or it will not be played for a long time and not by a lot of players.

you can easily dodge their grabs with melee!.

1) Mini bosses who die in 3 shots? you fight them and all other types the same battle? thats too much, instead, make them as bosses that fight you when there aren't level 1 zombies arround, I mean, the game pressure the players too much: they run from level 1, dogs and bosses all at the same time, instead do this: players kill 100 level 1? go lunch 50 level 2 dogs. dogs die? lunch 25 mini bosses. miniboss dies? lunch 10 bosses. bosses dies? lunch 200 all types and say to player "congrates surviving that far".

All zombie combination has its own purposes.

4) Units that are getting hit by a bullet won't absorb or stop the path of the bullet, it acts unrealistic as if they werent there or as if they got hit by a missle. for realistic reasons, make bullet stop their path once they hit, this doesn't make sence.

They actually do. mini gun can pierce up to 2 unit, Sniper can pierce up to 3 unit, and burst mode can pierce up to 2 unit. damage gets reduced the more they pierce.

6) The score is silly. Shoot a sitting zombie? random 1-100 point. Shoot an out of view zombie by mistake? 1-100. Shoot nearby zombie whos attacking you? dog? mini boss? Boss? all the same 1-100 randomed points. This score is silly and is unrelated to the actuall play. This is a better score:

The score is not random 1-100, its ((base points * unit size (the bigger the size, the more HP it has)) * combo multiplier (each combo adds additional score).)

1) The game is hopeless and can't start automaticly without the player pressing of esc, just make it that once the movie ends, the game starts.

Thats supposed to be a mode selection scene!. but since there are no other modes yet..

CRITICAL ERROR -> On each restart the upersplat blinking my eyes and make them painfull, remove this glowing effect, it is not pretty and irritate the eye into unbearable level. <- CRITICAL ERROR

yes i plan to remove that :p

but there are so many loadings that is ugly to be seen.
i decided to hide them with a filter while loading.

Thanks for reviewing, i will keep these in mind.

+REP for useful review.

I will do something about those complaints xD.

I do think its enjoyable for any age group..is it not..?

Game without challenges are not games!.

but allright, i have reduced the difficulties by A LOT since my first beta release.

i don't know if decreasing it even further would make the game boring.

but i will see if i can do something about this.

yes i plan to remove that :p

but there are so many loadings that is ugly to be seen.
i decided to hide them with a filter while loading.

Thanks for reviewing, i will keep these in mind.

+REP for useful review.

I will do something about those complaints xD.

I do think its enjoyable for any age group..is it not..?

Game without challenges are not games!.

but allright, i have reduced the difficulties by A LOT since my first beta release.

i don't know if decreasing it even further would make the game boring.

but i will see if i can do something about this.
First of all, remove that eye irritating screen as soon as possible this is very important.
Secondly, I forgot to tell you that you can ask me to review the following version once its out, just, be sure that for the other review there will not be the special effect that is shown on restarts.
P.S I never got a feedback so detailed as yours, I think you take the project very seriously and will be sure to create it into the perfect game ever.
About the "no challenge no game", there is a big difference in stress level of Resident Evil and Soldier of Fortune, where in SOF you spend atlist 1 minute watching the terrain before the actuall encounter who die or kill instantly once the encounter happened, hearing soft music all along. In RE, you spend a lot of time watching the enemies who getting slowly closer to you and will die slowly if you were hit by too many special zombies attacks, while hearing very scary music.
What is more stressfull? that is obvious.
What you need is none-stressfull game with difficuly which is balanced in the middle of this:
100% win while afk - easy - MEDIUM - hard - 100% lose automaticly
You need MEDIUM, and if medium is too easy, make it harder, just make whatever feels fun to play for the player, the fun factor is 100% the reason that the players stay or leave.

Level 6
Quest of the Antrolyx

Are you still doing test?
If yes, Would you like to test my map?

Well, my map is far from complete,
There are many typo and leaks,
but some reviews and feedbacks should be great to improve it

Have a nice day
Best regards,
Cacciatore

EDIT:
I forgot how to add attachment

Finally got it, I didn't see "UPLOAD" button

Attachments

• quest_antrolyx_b.w3x
    5.9 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Ever heard a gun that can switch modes with the same bullet!?
So make 3 types of bullets. The gunner will simply take the ammo on his right or left holder, its just the same in term of reloading speed, did you watch the movie where he had 2 holders? so he just need to use specific one, there is no real life reload that takes 20 seconds and become faster if you click on the bullet.

Level 16
So make 3 types of bullets. The gunner will simply take the ammo on his right or left holder, its just the same in term of reloading speed, did you watch the movie where he had 2 holders? so he just need to use specific one, there is no real life reload that takes 20 seconds and become faster if you click on the bullet.

sadly there is no room to show the UI :(

inventory slot are important

gold and lumber are used

food is used for combo too.

so i have no choice but to combine them! :thumbs_up:

sadly there is no room to show the UI :(

inventory slot are important

gold and lumber are used

food is used for combo too.

so i have no choice but to combine them! :thumbs_up:

I had the same problam with my map too, how I solved it you ask? multiboard:
Multiboard line 1:
PLAYER -GUN - RIFLE - SNIPER - ETC
LINE 2:
NOTHING - PIC OF GUN - PICTURE OF RIFLE - PIC OF SNIPER - ETC
LINE 3:
PLAYER 1 NAME - 10 - 0- 0 - ETC
PLAYER 2
ETC

EDIT: FUNNY FACT: IN MY MAP THE FOOD WAS 0/6 WHEN THE GUN WAS EMPTY AND 6/6 WHEN IT WAS FULL.

isn't reloading each gun separately more of a hassle.

separate ammunition to find is just too much trouble!

omg wut dis cannut find mah fav wpn gg afk.

In my map it was seperated and it encouraged the player to look arround for the 5 different types of ammo, explore the map and micro the use of each weapond ( using sniper on low creep is a waste. etc ) but your map can do what ever you want to have, it will be a shame to see another copy of my own map :D do your own uniqe built, I wanna see how your map improves, its intresting to see different design of the same game we love to play.
Edit: In my map there was an error where the player lost controll over the camera when the creeps were to attack it:
Zombie hold player?
Show "press <- in Keybard" above the unit.
if player press anything but <- , deal damage and stun for 1 second.
if player press <- show "escaped" deal no damage and unpause.

Problam: when the player in hold, the player don't allways get to see that he was cought, making him press keyboard without actually realize he lost health.
Solution: make both units paused and invulnerable for the duration, make the camera pan on the unit location and force "camera can't be moved" from the fighting location, to do this, I needed help of a member on this forum, u want me to publish the trigger who force the camera in place?

CRIT ORPG by Dat-C3

Prologue:
Allthough I actually did want to try the map since it looked intresting, it was not solid enough to be reviewed: the hero does not have aqurition range so that he afk instead of running away or strike back at attackers, the REXXAR class have hero with all User Interface as disabled and there are no quests or dialog, the only thing this map shows is hero selection and auto attacks that leaves orb effect on the attacked unit while the orb have no meanning: the player does not get healed while not placing orb on enemies and by that he is forced to afk for 10 mins or more just to get healed to 100% when out of battle, there is no revive system, no cinematic and no explain of the story line - why do I have allies from netural hostile while their brothers attack me? why are the neturals attack me? do I gain anything from attacking them? the items consist 3 items that give +1 armor each, its not creative enought and there is the imba ~ worker icon that gives wierd details about the hero:

suggestion:
Instead of another hero which can turn into exp leacher or bug costum spells, make the backpack a custom structure that can't be selected without a trigger ( too small circle ) and give it upgrades that transform lumber into hero abilities ( yes, upgrades that are in the hero "stats - upgrades used" ) by this you can give much more than statistics and won't even need to trigger anything since it works automaticly.

Please make the story line / gameplay mechanick more solid before the next review.

Please test the latest version of my map:

The things I ask for:
1) Play the map and explore its mecanics.
2) Save the replay and post it, you may chat while playing to leave notes.
3) Rate from 1-10 in terms of how enjoyable was the game to play.
4) Please feel free to leave comments.

Freedom Force 2 v0.32
Edit: 0.32b for more items less misspelling text and less enemies that one hit you.

Attachments

• Freedom Force 2 v0.32b.w3x
    576.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Level 20
Please test the latest version of my map:

The things I ask for:
1) Play the map and explore its mecanics.
2) Save the replay and post it, you may chat while playing to leave notes.
3) Rate from 1-10 in terms of how enjoyable was the game to play.
4) Please feel free to leave comments.

Freedom Force 2 v0.32
Edit: 0.32b for more items less misspelling text and less enemies that one hit you.

Tested as requested (No commentary, I forgot lol).

Suggestions:

I know this is made for multiplayer but my buddy does not have time to play due to school and stuffs.

Replay attached (1.26 patch, 'bout 30 minutes gameplay time).

Attachments

• FreedomForce2.w3g
    186.5 KB · Views: 61
CRIT ORPG by Dat-C3

Prologue:
Allthough I actually did want to try the map since it looked intresting, it was not solid enough to be reviewed: the hero does not have aqurition range so that he afk instead of running away or strike back at attackers, the REXXAR class have hero with all User Interface as disabled and there are no quests or dialog, the only thing this map shows is hero selection and auto attacks that leaves orb effect on the attacked unit while the orb have no meanning: the player does not get healed while not placing orb on enemies and by that he is forced to afk for 10 mins or more just to get healed to 100% when out of battle, there is no revive system, no cinematic and no explain of the story line - why do I have allies from netural hostile while their brothers attack me? why are the neturals attack me? do I gain anything from attacking them? the items consist 3 items that give +1 armor each, its not creative enought and there is the imba ~ worker icon that gives wierd details about the hero:

suggestion:
Instead of another hero which can turn into exp leacher or bug costum spells, make the backpack a custom structure that can't be selected without a trigger ( too small circle ) and give it upgrades that transform lumber into hero abilities ( yes, upgrades that are in the hero "stats - upgrades used" ) by this you can give much more than statistics and won't even need to trigger anything since it works automaticly.

Please make the story line / gameplay mechanick more solid before the next review.

I didn't see anything like what you said about the autoattack range.

The rexxar class seemed to work perfectly when I just tested it... There are quests however there isn't much dialog yet. Did you try getting close to the panda and right clicking? The orb effect gives +2 armor to enemies, and it is for the aggro system. I do agree the heal takes too long. There is around 20-30 items already.

I suppose it is my fault however it was a demo, and I wanted your opinion. :)

Thank you, sorry for wasting your time.

I plan to do a lot still, a custom Experience system as well.
Hopefully you're interested in the upcoming version.

I didn't see anything like what you said about the autoattack range.

The rexxar class seemed to work perfectly when I just tested it... There are quests however there isn't much dialog yet. Did you try getting close to the panda and right clicking? The orb effect gives +2 armor to enemies, and it is for the aggro system. I do agree the heal takes too long. There is around 20-30 items already.

I suppose it is my fault however it was a demo, and I wanted your opinion. :)

Thank you, sorry for wasting your time.

I plan to do a lot still, a custom Experience system as well.
Hopefully you're interested in the upcoming version.
Like I said, the map looks intresting, I realized it was a joke that you wanted me to test a map that had nothing in it xD so yea, sure, whenever you are ready and you didn't waste my time, I like the joke it was funny. :ogre_haosis:

Tested as requested (No commentary, I forgot lol).

Suggestions:

I know this is made for multiplayer but my buddy does not have time to play due to school and stuffs.

Replay attached (1.26 patch, 'bout 30 minutes gameplay time).

[*] Terrain will be fixed.

[*] I don't know what you mean, but I will try to follow your request.

[*] Level 2 teamate was a bug: the teamates are seppoused to be born at the same level as the lowest level in your team (in other words, in solo pick, the same as Eve). [*] All items are seppoused to be dropped on death (2nd bug).

[*] There are 8 levels of items with level 9 items that are only purchable at shops, Throwing armor was bugged and didn't give you 9 armor points, sorry about that. Anyways, you only saw level 1-4 items, there are more items as you kill more enemies, but still, I will add more level 1-4 items as requested.

*** While watching your game I was laughing, crying of joy and was totaly high. Thank you for your test, like allways, it was awesome.
+Rep awarded.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.