• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Turning Alarm Generation Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I have an ability that summons a dummy unit. That dummy unit is then ordered to taunt. It works fine with one exception:

I would like the dummy unit (which belongs to the player) to not generate an alarm when attacked. I don't want it to say, "our sacred grove is being desecrate" or "we're under attack" or whatever it says.

There is a trigger action called "turn alarm Generation Off" but it apparently doesn't work at all. It has a requirement in the world editor which says "only works on buildings" so I made the dummy unit a building. I made it targeted as a building, and I clicked the "is a building" trait in the object editor. As far as I can tell, it's a building. But the action still does nothing.

How do I shut this unit up?

Level 14
You have to state first, what is that dummy's purpose ?
Is it to act as a tanker that divides the attraction of the creeps' aggro ?

I've found a work around (I just made it neutral passive), but in case others find this and are curious, perhaps we can figure it out anyway.

The point of the unit was to serve as an invisible "distraction" that taunted nearby units into attacking it. I couldn't add locust because other units need to be able to attack it.

The only problem now is that friendly units will attack the distraction as well; since it's neutral passive it will work on the casting unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.