• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Trackables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Trackables are leakfull and incomplete, can they be operational once more through a patch or a 3rd party tool. What I mean is, can Blizzard release a new patch that adds those functions or it is something that is built inside the game structure and can't be modified (not that I expect Blizzard will do that anyway; just asking) if a hashtable was added why not with those trackables ?

<<< I don't know if this is the right place for this thread or not >>>

Level 26
Of course, a patch can implement new functions and alter the whole game data. Hashtables were added for a completely other reason, not to expand possibilities but to replace the functionality of the return bug which a lot of maps have used in the past but were not longer allowed to because of security risks in correlation with the return bug.

I think I recall working with geries a long time ago because I believed that the Unit class in wc3 is an extension of the trackable class (Assuming the coders are any good, which I doubt).
We were trying to find ways to somehow get the trackable in the form of a unit using some exploits with handle ids, recycling, and other shit.

Nothing worked :c

I'm 100% positive that type unit extends trackable could function properly if Blizzard allowed it :/

Level 26
May I remind that there were titles before wc3 that were abandoned, too? A wc2 also has a level editor which has not received any more updates. Blizzard does not want to mark time nor is able to. That is comprehensible. I only criticize Blizzard for not making any clear statements and making our voices run across void while pretending they would care.

Level 16
May I remind that there were titles before wc3 that were abandoned, too? A wc2 also has a level editor which has not received any more updates. Blizzard does not want to mark time nor is able to. That is comprehensible. I only criticize Blizzard for not making any clear statements and making our voices run across void while pretending they would care.

I guess you are correct in that, people were assuming that SC2 editor won't have the same mistakes that WC3 has but the fact is Blizzard didn't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.