• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] Tides of Darkness AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello all,
I am in need of an experienced AI creator to help finish an AI my friend Moyack started. It is for my map (signature) and it is mostly compete, it just needs a better and more aggressive attacking script. Let me know if you are interested, +rep and credit are the payment. Thank you.

I might be able to help. I rewrote the entire Warcraft 3 Campaign AI just because its not very good in terms of building and attacking. The script I have is complete but I'm still bug testing it (where's time when you need it). It does require configuration in both the script and through the use of AI setup command triggers.

The AI I wrote is basically a template for any race you want to use in your campaign. However its not a melee AI style script. Its best used in campaign maps. You can configure the script to give the player a really hard time. It has the following features.

Building a base or use an already setup base
This AI will not get stuck if it can't build a building yet, unlike the Blizzard Campaign AI. This AI will not expand like a melee AI. Its not needed either because campaign AI's don't need to actually mine resources.

Managing base
Manage resources in the script instead of having to create triggers for it. Better farm managing. You can configure when in terms of food reserve the AI should be building farms. Better parallel processing of units. This AI will build faster than the Blizzard Campaign AI. This one can build Undead Shades :razz: Might be useful.. just for the fun of it.

Attacking
Better attack timing than the Blizzard Campaign AI. My script won't fail in terms of build wait time with very large attack groups. (Looking at the Blizzard Campaign AI code shows that they were probably in a hurry to get it finished...)
Random units in attack waves are possible. You can configure which units the AI can pick randomly. You can configure which unit types to pick or not to pick when only a single unit type is selected for a wave. This prevents stupid attacks with only a weak support unit.
Attacking locations and air transport is fully supported. You can also set unit types to available in random attacks when the necessary upgrade is done. This also prevents mistakes where the AI can't actually build the unit yet.

Defending
Build defensive structures in key positions if needed. You can tell the AI through a map AI command to build a certain structure at a certain spot. However that's not yet fully implemented yet. You can setup town defenders and if they need to be rebuild. There might be cases where you wouldn't want that. In case you use use preplaced units with a very high replacement count.

Dynamic behaviour
This AI actually makes use of possessed or charmed units. It also handles summons without the use of the native function GroupTimedLife. It does require a few triggers to be setup in order for it to work.
The AI can be controlled through AI commands to your liking. You're able to set numerous things like:
  • captain locations for attack and or defense group.
  • staging area's for your attack groups.
  • New town spots where to build.
  • targets for the AI
  • Set the target for the AI script.
  • Setup an attack plan, random or use a configured one.
  • Tell the AI which attack wave to pick next.
  • Tell the AI to shutdown.
  • Tell the AI to stop attacking after the current wave.
That about sums it up. Let me know if you're interested.

Level 5
Well my map is a melee map, so the AI needs to be able to function in that capacity.

It sounds like you can still hep though, the AI is already fully functional - it just needs a buff to the attacking aspect.

If you are still interested let me know.

Ok, no problem. Can you give me info on the AI and the scenario wherein the AI has to act? And what exactly do you expect from the AI? What does it have to do and what not? Any specific parameters? Stuff like that.

ps. I just downloaded your map so I will take a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.