• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shockwave - other heights and directions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello i have a misterious bug...

In my map... there is a sniper with the shockwave ability...the sniper stays at a terrain which have increased height...so on a little mountain... i shoot at a point with my shockwave skill but he shoots this skill at a other direction.... ?????

I shot a bullet but my sniper shoot the bullet more left as the target point.... I hope you understand my problem and can give me a way to fix it...

Best Regards
I_Master_I

Last edited:
Level 4
Object Editor... its a easy Shockwave skill... i only changed the missile model... but if i do the same with the original modell its the same problem...

Level 4
oh crap i forgot a big thing.... i did a trigger... thats why it dont work... the trigger is:

• Headshot Copy 3
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shoot [|cffFF0000Q|r] (Sniper,Real Shot)
          • Sniper_Headshot Not equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Sniper for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm (Target point of ability being cast)

If my hero casts his Shockwave skill it creates a dummy unit...because i want to make a 20 % chance to deal headshot so i have to use a dummy unit... so if the Integer Headshot is 1: it creates an dummy unit with a shockwave skill and a damage of 10000...if the integer is not 1: it creates a dummy unit which is shooting a bullet with the normal damage of 450...so what have i now to do to fix this bug? but i have to use the dummy units... because i did another trigger

• Headshot Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
          • (Unit-type of (Killing unit)) Equal to Headshot
          • ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to False
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Barricade
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Headshot attacker for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the head of (Dying unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Stampede\StampedeMissileDeath.mdl
      • Sound - Play headshot <gen>

So then comes a Sound "Headshot" and i have a trigger which is showing the killing unit owner and killing unit type... so there is standing like: Player 1 killed Player 6 with Headshot... ^^

Wayne...

I only want to know how to fix that the dummy unit exactly casts his shockwave at the target point of my heros shockwave skill....

I hope you know a way to fix it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.