• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

QuestSetDescription

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
JASS:
                set q = CreateQuestBJ(0, "Introductions", "|cffffcc00Quest Description|r : I would like you walk around town and talk to the villagers\n\n|cffffcc00Goal|r \n" + "     - Talk to the Ship Captain\n     - Talk to the Blacksmith \n     - Talk to the Bounty Agent\n     - Talk to the Alchemist\n\n|cffffcc00Reward|r" + " : 150 Gold, 500 EXP, Quest 'Alchemy'\n\n|cffffcc00Hint|r : The Ship Captain is located in the" + " topleft of the village, the Blacksmith is located in the mid-top of the village, the Bounty Agent is located at the entrance of the forest, and the Alchemist is located in the bottomright of the village.", "ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtons\\BTNPeasant.blp")
                call SaveQuestHandle(questHash, 0, 0, q)

JASS:
            call print(I2S(GetHandleId(LoadQuestHandle(questHash, 0,0))))
            if GetLocalPlayer() == GetTriggerPlayer() then
                call QuestSetDescription(LoadQuestHandle(questHash, 0,0),"|cffffcc00Quest Description|r : I would like you walk around town and talk to the villagers\n\n|cffffcc00Goal|r \n" + "     - Talk to the Ship Captain|cffffcc00 (Finished)|r"+ "\n     - Talk to the Blacksmith" + s + "\n     - Talk to the Bounty Agent" + s2 + "\n     - Talk to the Alchemist" + s3 + "\n\n|cffffcc00Reward|r" + " : 150 Gold, 500 EXP, Quest 'Alchemy'\n\n|cffffcc00Hint|r : The Ship Captain is located in the" + " topleft of the village, the Blacksmith is located in the mid-top of the village, the Bounty Agent is located at the entrance of the forest, and the Alchemist is located in the bottomright of the village.")
            endif

so like.. when this gets run the printt(loadquesthandle) prints the proper number but when I go check if the triggers description was updated it was not. Is there something with that function im overlooking?

Level 16
I'd also print the value of GetTriggerPlayer, maybe it's inappropriate. If it's right, I'd also check if those string variables have proper values, maybe they're crashing the thread. If they're also valid, then try to update it with a short dummy text, like "FU, updated", maybe the string is too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.