• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaia Retaliation's Camera System

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Hey, I need help with a trigger or script that was used for Gaias Retaliation, where the camera positions its height depending on the height of the terrain. Can someone please help me cause it is really needed.

Level 15
You should determine the height of the point ( I mean Z height offset of the location ) then you add your value and it will automatically get further...
To get the point height of the camera target for example just use this
  • ----- As @dimf said above, if your camera is locked to a unit, then it would be easy to detect the target point of a camera by just detecting the locked-unit's position, if not, there are some specific ways to get the camera target for each player, it would be easy also if your map is Single-Player -----
  • Set CameraTarget = ( Camera target point ... = I mean the ways to get camera target point)
  • Custom script: set udg_TerrainHeight = GetLocationZ(udg_CameraTarget)
  • Camera - Set Player 1's Camera Height offset to 'TerrainHeight'
  • Set TerrainHeight = Null
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CameraTarget)

Level 14
I believe in Gaia's Retaliation he just used a periodic trigger to set the camera height and angle. You just need to check if a certain coordinates are in the camera's current field of view and then adjust accordingly. (Though I may be completely off on that)

Status
Not open for further replies.